SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I loaded down a list of air traffic obstacles from Czech. According to this list, there is south of Brno at PŘEDNÍ KOUT at 48 58 17 N and 16 46 48 E a 300 metres tall guyed mast, which must be well visible when you drive from Brno to Bratislava. Unfortunately the place is not well resolved by google maps and there is no radio station listed for this coordinates. What is this for a mast? Meteorological and/or military? Has someone pictures? Who knows more?

·
Seriously Bohemian
428 Posts
For photographic maps of Czech republic I recommend some of the local map servers like mapy.cz, atlas.cz etc. rather than google maps notorious for bad coverage of places other than big cities.

As for the specific location you mention, I'm not really familiar with the place (google probably knows better), but judging from this map, I can't see any sign of the structure you mention there. For comparison 355 m tall Liblice radio mast looks like this on a photomap.

Imho the mast is either planned or have been demolished a long time ago (the local vegetation looks intact).

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The tool is good. It looks so, that the mentioned mast is planned, as usually there are buildings for technical equipment nearby, which are not always demolished when the mast gets demolished. In fact, abandoned radio stations often have a characteristic footprint on well-resoluted Google-Map pictures.

But for all forumers: have the site in mind. Perhaps the erection of this mast will take next time ( or has already started, as aerial view pictures are not real time). Then one can take perhaps some interesting photographs!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Today I loaded down a list of air traffic obstacles from Czech. According to this list, there is south of Brno at PŘEDNÍ KOUT at 48 58 17 N and 16 46 48 E a 300 metres tall guyed mast, which must be well visible when you drive from Brno to Bratislava. Unfortunately the place is not well resolved by google maps and there is no radio station listed for this coordinates. What is this for a mast? Meteorological and/or military? Has someone pictures? Who knows more?
as far as i know, there is only this transmitter >
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transmitter_Kojál

Kojal, and its north of Brno. Im travelling weekly this direction (Brno - Bratislava), so i strongly doubt there is a 300m tall structure....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts