SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
The Mighty.
3,184 Posts
If it's 30 in vancouver, I will vomit.
I've already gone through the fact it's actually warmer in Whitehorse than it is in Windsor.
Please don't make me trip out on mother nature again. I'll start cutting trees down, and kick the grass, and pick flowers just to rebel.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well not now cause it;s 1:30 in the morning but on wensday we had a high of 29c, but for the past week we have been having 20-25c weather, trust me ièm a landscaper and it gets fucking HOT!!!!!!

are u guys even from Van ( question mark )

so STFU if your not

W00t

·
Registered
133 Posts
Oaronuviss said:
I've already gone through the fact it's actually warmer in Whitehorse than it is in Windsor.
Please don't make me trip out on mother nature again. I'll start cutting trees down, and kick the grass, and pick flowers just to rebel.
Hilarious!!

number7: chill out. Next time break the crack rock in half.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Oaronuviss said:
LOL.

·
Registered
558 Posts
30 in the Valley, not in Vancouver. But since it seems like one big city anyways, you can consider the valley Vancouver. I remember it being 30 at the water in Vancouver last summer on many occations...meaning 35 inland! They are saying it's going to be just as hot and dry this year as last summer :D

·
Edmontonian
710 Posts
That northern front better leave soon of I will freak out. On the other hand I hope the north continues to get a blast of hot air to speed up the melting proccess.

·
lolwut
1,867 Posts
wow thats hot for this time of year...i dont get whats up with southern ontario its been so damn abnormaly cold!!its driving me insane the weather is so !^#%$# up and unpredictable

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well this year in Vancouver i have heard several reports that this will be the hottest summer in B.C recorderd history, ève heard that there will be many 40c+ days.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well this year in Vancouver i have heard several reports that this will be the hottest summer in B.C recorderd history, ève heard that there will be many 40c+ days.

·
Canadian
779 Posts
It hasn't been thirty, but I live in central Vancouver, and my thermometer has gone up to about 25C on several days. Today it's overcast and feels cool, and the thermometer reads 18C at 5:17 PM.

It's usually cooler where the official temps are recorded at the airport, which is near the water.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Its been around 25, and today is the cool only 16. It has defenatly been nice, considering how crappy the weather is in the east; it was snowing in Edmonton yesterday.

·
261 Posts
The highest temp reported at Vancouver over the past week was only 20C, and that only lasted for one hour. Even in the outlying areas, the highest temp was 23C.

·
expo
453 Posts
^They do the measurments for Vancouver at the airport which is on an island! In a little ways from the coast it has been so hot! It was officially 27(or around that) in Abbotsford a few weeks ago and I was in Coquitlam and saw 29 on a thermometer!

Besides, what are your sources?

·
Registered
558 Posts
The airport is a really poor location to record weather, especially temps because it's always a lot cooler on that island. I was checking the records for this past month, and Surrey which is merely a 20 minute drive inland, has recorded 24, 26 on quite a few days this April. When people complain that it doesnt get hot enough in Vancouver, summers are too cold...hello dumbasses....drive 25 mins east away from the water!!

·
Registered
695 Posts
I definitely believe what you guys are saying about higher temperatures inland. Out on the east coast, we get the exact same. 80km inland it was 32 degrees (according to the Jeep thermometer). We drove home that afternoon and once we got down by the Bay of Fundy the temperature was about 18degrees, and in Saint John it was a FOGGY and COLD 15 degrees!

Even driving no more than 10-15km inland from Saint John, and the Bay of Fundy, will often result in atleast a 5 degree increase in temperature.

·
261 Posts
Besides, what are your sources?
Environment Canada published climate data.

I know all about the inland areas being warmer (I have a degree in climatology) but it's really misleading to start a post about Vancouver reaching 30 degrees this week when it was nowhere close to that.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts