SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Futurist
38,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buenos_Aires_Forum

"...The Buenos Aires Forum is a proposed building, to start construction in 2006 and finish in 2016 to celebrate Argentina's 200 years of Independence. It will be a building complex spanning 330 hectares of artificial platforms (6 platforms of 55 hectares each) built on the Rio de la Plata river, 5 kilometers away from the coast of Buenos Aires.

It's designed as a constellation of 5 platforms surrounding a central platform, which will hold what's expected to be one of the world's highest buildings, reaching 1,000 metres (3280 feet).

It was designed and is planned to be built by the Grupo Torcello."

·
Registered
491 Posts
wjfox2002 said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buenos_Aires_Forum

"...The Buenos Aires Forum is a proposed building, to start construction in 2006 and finish in 2016 to celebrate Argentina's 200 years of Independence. It will be a building complex spanning 330 hectares of artificial platforms (6 platforms of 55 hectares each) built on the Rio de la Plata river, 5 kilometers away from the coast of Buenos Aires.

It's designed as a constellation of 5 platforms surrounding a central platform, which will hold what's expected to be one of the world's highest buildings, reaching 1,000 metres (3280 feet).

It was designed and is planned to be built by the Grupo Torcello."

that towers discusting

·
Registered
254 Posts
is this actually going to happen? because thats Sodding Insane, i mean where the hell are a nation like argentina going to get the money from?!

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
Monkey said:
Bad design
I wonder what your reply would read like, should this have been a post on a London forum. Patriotism leads to transparant replies on an international forum. And you can quote me on that.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
It looks crap, i would say that if it was in london as well (for instance i dont like 20 Fenchurch nor the old London Beetham design)

·
Banned
310 Posts
I don't like it as well, and it's probably never gonna be built, that's for sure...
FYI Ntn Rawlings, Argentina is not Somalia, we might not be a rich country, but we are proud to be one of the richest countries in the "developing countries" world. ;)
Cheers mates!

·
Banned
955 Posts
Ntn_Rawlings said:
is this actually going to happen? because thats Sodding Insane, i mean where the hell are a nation like argentina going to get the money from?!
Maybe Argentina could ask the UK to pay for it in compensation for the millions stolen in concept of fishing rights (and other) obtained in the Falkland Islands, a part of Argentina's territories.

·
termino no inapropiado
2,275 Posts
it's not gonna happen.
that torcello is just a crazy old guy that enjoys showing his insane and never to be built projects.

·
Banned
4,572 Posts
This building being approved is less likely than me screwing Charlize Theron, saving the Popes life, and being on the cover of Ebony Magainze all in the same week.

·
Registered
18,919 Posts
maxnyc said:
Maybe Argentina could ask the UK to pay for it in compensation for the millions stolen in concept of fishing rights (and other) obtained in the Falkland Islands, a part of Argentina's territories.
good lords above, dont you start!

·
Weaste Infection
701 Posts
maxnyc said:
yeah, yeah

or then again maybe not, chump

·
Registered Abuser
17,047 Posts
I burst out laughing when I saw then rendering.

Hope it's built though, doubt it will be.

·
Rock Lord
12,957 Posts
maxnyc said:
Oh be quiet and go pay your monthly donation to the IRA.

Re the building, it's looks good. It certainly would become an icon for Argentina if it was built.

·
Banned
310 Posts
Zim Flyer said:
Oh be quiet and go pay your monthly donation to the IRA.

Re the building, it's looks good. It certainly would become an icon for Argentina if it was built.
LOL
Argentina has no ties whatsoever with the IRA...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Argentina and the IRA :lol:

bless your heart child :goodbye:

the tower looks like the fordham spire for chicago. Yet 1000m? that is ridiculous! I am sure whatever money there is to spend on this thing would be better spent on several more functional towers.

·
Rock Lord
12,957 Posts
BonusAer said:
LOL
Argentina has no ties whatsoever with the IRA...
Oh dear, do I have to explain everything.

I was criticising maxnyc for his stupid comment. maxnyc is from New York and clearly doesn't like the British. An American Anglo phobe is usually the sort of person who would in the past support give donations to the IRA thinking he was supporting the old country.

There I hope that is clear enough.

Thank you.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts