SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Firstly, thanks to all of those who provided me with advice on my trip to Jakarta. I recently made a stopover there on my way to Bali. Its found that its not nearly as bad as some people have made it out to be. I especially liked the district with all the monuments/museums. Id like to come back sometime, as one day is surely not enough. Heres the photos...

On the way to the airport in Hong Kong. Suburbs here are bigger than many American cities. 5 hours til Jakarta:

From the rooftop of my hostel at night. I only took this photo cause of the stupid bed bugs that kept me awake and wandering up to the roof:

From the rooftop of my hostel, daytime:

Rusty fence, just something that caught my eye:

Museum of Indonesia. Oh no the AC unit was not yet open:

Hurts really suck:

Sweaty Girls:

Shot by Susan:

Attempting a candid shot, Susan detects and responds with an instant-pose:

The Big Torch, Independence monument right?:

Torch and Sky:

Melissa:

View from the Torch:

Smokestacks:

Kota Historic District:

Jalan Jaksa Street Performers. They earned 1,000 from me!:

Melissa and Susan moments before their demise:

Jakarta from the Plane:

Jakarta from the Plane II:

Hope you like what you saw. You can see more photos at my daily photoblog, the link is in the signature. Peace!

·
I Love You Baby
320 Posts
thank you for sharing.....hope u enjoyed ur time der....seen from the pics seemed that u did...

and i hope....i can go back home anytime soon....miss my lil Jkt...and mu friends, dugem with mi friends, just hangin out with my friends and mi family....and i even miss the sofas at the cinemas, especially at EX...oh my gosh those are comfie...

and ofcourse the food...miss bakso di Blok S...martabak manis...
aduuuuh kangeeeeeenyaaaaaaa sama semua...

all of the sudden....i feel blue...

tty guys later..

·
Registered
6,022 Posts
I love your shots! :eek:
looks as if you had a decent, cultural trip to one of south-east asia's historic cities. Haha, I'm ashamed myself, whenever I go back to Jkt, I only go to malls, cafes and places to eat :)

·
Dangerous User
9,789 Posts
thanks for sharing the photos!

hope u will come back to jakarta if u want more information just ask us
we will help u!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Wah ....
Vey nice pictures .....
You are lucky that the weather in jakarta is clear ( not many pollution ) ... so you can take a clear picture from the plane ...

One quick question ....
what camera d u use ?
and what camera susan use ? ...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
pictures from bali

ksunarjo said:
nice shot! so, r u in bali now? tell us more about bali k...cheers.
bali, you may know, is majority hindu, rather than muslim. the people are generally friendly. however they will never fail at trying to make a profit off of you (if youre a foreigner) the natural scenery was among the best i have ever seen. the volcanoes, cliffs and beaches, massive waves, the farmland, all amazing. its a surfing mecca as you may know. some of the best surfing spots on the planet. i watched a little one evening, it was magical. the artwork of bali is stunning. im surprised that they crammed 2 million people together on that island, being that most of it is rural, with the exception of denpasar. the motorbikes got on my nerves a bit, very loud and lots of exhaust. the food was beyond great, perhaps my third favorite cuisine of the world, after south indian and thai. i really enjoyed the tempeh, gado gado, nasi campur, and coconut based dishes. i definitely plan on returning in the near future, its a wonderful little island. anything else you want to know, just ask. here are some pictures from bali (although not urban) have a look...

·
Registered
740 Posts
Nice pictures!!!
BTW gado-gado, tempe and nasi campur (rames) are originally Javanese food.
The Balinese food is very delicious too such as Balinese duck, plecing kangkung, etc...
Next time you must go to Jogjakarta and Surakarta in Central Java... Javanese culture is very interesting too and Borobudur and Prambanan temple are stunning!!!!

·
jakarta. jakarta
204 Posts
BALI.....

u made me miss bali!.. hehe..

i'm goin' to bali this holiday anyway..

where did u stay? around kuta?

were u goin clubbin' in bali?

the club scene in bali is HUGE!

ca't wait to go there soon..

cheers.

ps: tell us more bout ur trip..