SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
37 Yorkville | Proposed | 69st, 55st | 237.8m, 138.2m | Bloor-Yorkville

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentApp...derRsn=3152985

To construct a mixed-use development comprised of 2 residential towers having a heights of 44 and 58 storeys on top of an 11 storey podium base. The total height of the north tower is 218.3 metres plus a 19.5 metres mechanical penthouse. The total height of the south tower is 124.7 metres plus a 13.5 metre mechnical penthouse. The first two storeys of the 11-storey podium consist of retail uses; floors 3 to 9 contain a Toronto Parking Authority parking garage with 802 parking spaces; and the remaining floors are residential uses. Residential parking is located in 3 levels of underground parking. In total there are 1,172 vehicular parking spaces (370 residential parking spaces and 802 Toronto Parking Authority spaces) and 1,205 bicycle parking spaces. A total of 1,166 residential units are proposed.

Details released for the Yorkville parking garage (the lot just south of the new 4 Seasons) :banana:

The height of the shorter tower seems a bit strange though.
55 story building with a height of 138.2m?
Its possible only the taller tower has a podium leaving the shorter tower at 44s.

·
Registered
9,681 Posts
Redkey, I'm almost certain the towers will be as stated 44 and 58 floors. They always include the podium as part of the overall height. Thanks for sharing this info.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Redkey, I'm almost certain the towers will be as stated 44 and 58 floors. They always include the podium as part of the overall height. Thanks for sharing this info.
237.8 metres for only 58 storeys (as opposed to 69 storeys) would mean that this would be a pretty high end development, which is no surprise. High ceilings and perhaps a spire of some kind.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Not including the mechanical penthouse, that would be almost 3.8 metres per floor. Seems like quite a lot.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
definitely going to be on the upscale side. Hopefully this means were in for a sick design.

·
Registered
242 Posts
237.8 meters is for the tower INCLUDING the 11 story base- 69stories total 237.8m

the other building is only 138.2m- the tall tower is high end luxury(shangri is 212m and 66floors so plates on this are a little bigger) for the small tower this indicates it could be more of a rental or cheaper condos - so big tower for ppl with $$$ little tower for the more affordable?

either way 138m is small for 55 stories

·
insertoronto
4,035 Posts
Am I the only one who feels this site is almost too small for 2 towers? It is certianly a large site for a single building, but just a little bit too small for 2 of them IMO

·
Registered
9,681 Posts
We'll have to wait an see an elevation to know if they didn't include the podium in the height like all other developers do. It could be that the design has a crown or spire, something this city could use more of.

·
Mơמkƹ͛ƴ∆ґ&#4
5,767 Posts
Podium looks like it should be good. The patterns are a nice touch to otherwise nondescript towers. Not a fan of the folded-serviette hats though.

·
38,893 Posts
That looks very promising. I love a strong, imposing apron right up against the lot line so that podium is right up my alley as well.

·
38,893 Posts
One shouldn't expect their view to remain the same forever, but they didn't get to enjoy it very long. I'm facing a similar issue. I may lose my view of the CN Tower. I'll still have a view of the CBD, AURA, Maple Leaf Gardens, a dance studio and Yorkville so it will still be fabulous sans CN Tower.

·
Less is More
3,044 Posts
One shouldn't expect their view to remain the same forever, but they didn't get to enjoy it very long. I'm facing a similar issue. I may lose my view of the CN Tower. I'll still have a view of the CBD, AURA, Maple Leaf Gardens, a dance studio and Yorkville so it will still be fabulous sans CN Tower.
Not to mention the "CN Tower view" has become dated. We're turning into a city of many different views which is amazing.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts