• 6)

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Any it is not pleasant

Votes: 0 0.0%
17661 - 17680 of 19820 Posts

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
Then terrorists will be able to put a bomb underground and destroy it again (that would be horrible)!!!!!!!

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
No, of course I know it wouldn't be that easy...............

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
the best solution is to build an annex IMO. terrorists can't destroy the tower itself, while the podium/annex looks good from outside as well (e.g. Shanghai Tower, though i don't know if it will be used as a car park)
Are you in for the contest??

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
Ok so returning to the contest, this are the rules (again):
It must be 600m-1000m high.
It would be great if you make the underground parking, maybe 5 levels.
Gardens
First three floors should be commercial.
Any other thing you would like to add, you are free to do it!

·
Dex for friends
1,786 Posts

look there! there is not any parking... I don't really know if in the new WTC is going to be an underground parking or an annex building for that.
nop... ALL of that has underground parking and museum! the world trade center has a giant "underground" one of the biggest on new york and in the world..

-------------------

about the skyscrapers

i can participate if...

there is more time..
if the height changes..
and if it doesnt require 3-story with commercial area... (because it could be an hotel e.g.)

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
well obviously not, i have absolutely no time to create another supertall. and your time schedule is impossoble to keep dude.

i could throw in a project which i've finished recently, that's all. but without gardens and undergrpund parking ten...
Well that's ok, we can make exceptions! :lol:

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
All right, all right.... new rules:
HEIGHT: 300m or more.
IF YOU WANT, you can design gardens and underground parkings, a restaurant in level 100 :) , I don't know..... BUT it would look nicer!
It doesn't has to be very detailed if you want, i mean, I'm going to do one of those scrapers that take one or two days!
Xdexina: how many time do you need??

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
ok, so I'm going to do something like a mix of this:

·
Registered
200 Posts
i hope you don't expect many entries. for me it takes months to do a supertall of 600m height, even without the interiors. now i shall do it within 3 weeks...?! :lol:
that's simply impossible, at least for me ;)
WOW. I spend an hour or so on designs at a max, the longest ive spent on one was a week or so! If everyone spends so long on designs then theres no wonder they're all so well done :lol:

·
Proudly Canadian
2,069 Posts
Hi all.

Hi Dubai.

I have never scoped out this area of the forum ...
Let me say this is utterly fantastic work !!
Many great projects here but this I really like. Dubai World Tower is also excellent. I'm such a BK freak and both of these are taller cousins per se.

Two questions :
1 - You had renders of Dubai World Tower but none of this Icon Tower. The finished Icon Tower will be very similar I take it ?
2 - I see you began posting after the ground level. Do you have any screenshots of the early work on the lower levels ?

Watching this project is almost like watching actual projects under construction.
Very cool stuff.

:cheers:
Ray.

·
12,512 Posts
hi Fury :)

i'm glad you appreciate our works an especially this one so much :cheers:

1- Dubai World Tower and Icon Tower are the same tower, except of the fact that this one is much more detailed.
i stopped DWT some time ago because it bored me with it's slow speed and undetailed cladding ;)

2- i'm sorry but i didn't model the piling works or the raft poor. so there will be no renders of these construction steps...

17661 - 17680 of 19820 Posts