SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 1914 Posts

·
Going, Going, Gone
317 Posts
^^

I belive if you render it will be greater!

·
Taking On The World
26,331 Posts
Well, as you guys may know, anyone can make models of 3D buildings and after geolocating them, submit to 3D Warehouse checking the option saying its realist and is a real building, so after a while Google will review the building and if approved, it will be included in the 3D Buildings Layer of GoogleEarth (that is, anyone using GoogleEarth over the area will see the 3D model of it in the correct place)

So, anyway, after noticing the capital of my state had only a handful of modelled buildings, I decided to take the task into my own hands. Anyone that has seen my models here at 3D Designs knows that they are very complex...

BUT for GoogleEarth, you have to design LOW POLY... all the details must be textured from real world photos of the buildings... its a quite different modelling workflow than modelling complex buildings for render...

Here are my models so far

Ipiranga Tower

Receita Federal building

Public Social Welfare tower and Public Market

Espaço CIEE

Antares Center

Edificio Delapieve

Borges 2233

Banrisul

Santa Cruz

FORMAC

Edificio Planalto

Farroupilha Palace (state Legislative Assembly) (all buildings seen here were modelled by me)

Carlos Gomes Center

only a handful more buildings to go :D

·
Taking On The World
26,331 Posts
did several new ones since the last update

Centro Administrativo do Estado

Piratini Palace (Governor´s Palace)

Santa Tecla

Sheraton Hotel

Federasul

Banco do Brasil e Comendador Azevedo buildings

Forum Central

Negrinho do Pastoreio

Comendador Thadeu Annoni Nedeff

·
VA is for LOVERS!
716 Posts
WOW....you've done a lot of work but judging by the skyline picture, you have very far to go. :lol: Best of luck!

21 - 40 of 1914 Posts