SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
South England
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My designs and Visualisations thread

Future Skylines

Future Skylines is a side project I have been working on and off for the last few years, but have never actually developed a comprehensive amount of work for any town. This thread will document progress of my work.

The UK has many towns and cities that are set to rapidly change over the next decade, however, the focus is always on the larger cities, so these regional towns/cities never really have any visuals of what the skyline and cityscape will look like in the future.

·
South England
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Portsmouth

My first major project is Portsmouth. The UK's only island city that is set to see a rapid change, and quite a substantial tall building cluster emerge.

For context

Some quick mock ups that convinced me to start this project again.

·
South England
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
56 Arundel Street

The first building I modelled is the 56 Arundel Street proposal. A 22 storey residential tower that will become the gateway to the city centre.

I tried to be as accurate as possible, tracing the floor plans and elevations. Little details are missing and ground floor will be enhanced in final visuals.

Elevation/artists impression

The Model

With two other proposals, yet to be modelled in detail

·
South England
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The next tower will be the 2nd tallest inhabitable building, and third tallest structure in the city rising to 87m and will act as the pinnacle in the emerging Commercial Road tall building cluster.
Current progress...

·
South England
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lovely timelapse! What's the intend behind the blurred render though?
Thanks. By blurred render, do you mean the last image, where the sun is coming through the edge windows? These are all just images at the moment testing what final viewpoint I want to visualise, and how much I need to model to create some flythrough/walkthrough videos.

·
12,511 Posts
Oh nevermind, it must've been a glitch on my end. The verly last image looked extremely blurry / out of focus, which somehow looked like it was intended. But the image shows fine now.

·
12,511 Posts
Nice to see somewhat of a city with a high level of detail. The building with orange accents as well as the black one across the street look very interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing more :)

·
South England
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks, unfortunately, like most things, I have little time to really dedicate to it, but am for now prioritising the proposed towers.

Thats Stanhope House, recently completed, not a looker if I am honest. Portsmouth like many cities in the UK is deciding to build up, however, most of these are student halls and as such, quality is often lacking. The city is yet to break the 100m mark, but there is plans for redevelopment of Debenhams, the site next to 12-24 Arundel Street. Hoping for a tall here.

Portsmouth City by Rob Pennycook, on Flickr

·
South England
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A little excursion to Leeds, Progress on Arena Point. A 134m tall student tower, set to be the tallest in the city.

·
South England
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Next Up, Commerce House

Ortho 1.png
Ortho 2.png

1 - 18 of 18 Posts