SkyscraperCity banner

881 - 900 of 928 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Very nice! The design in itself looks very good, but I think it also fits it surroundings very well even thought it's stylistically very different from its neighbours. The detailing is also stunning as well as the renders. Great job!

·
12,363 Posts
The inverse rounded corner was an excellent choice, it adds so much classiness to the room. I'm not entirely sure if I like the kitchen floor, it's a great material but thre is a lot of white marble going on in the kitchen. Regardless, it looks fantastic as always! Keep it up :)

Edit: Since you mentioned that cable/plug for the lamp, are you actually modelling all these objects like the lamps, kitchen sink, the balcony doors, etc yourself?

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #890
Yea , I'm not a big fan either how the kitchen floor turned out, too much marble. I haven't modelled the sink, lamp or appliances would take too much time for one object.. and I like to see progress ;)

I did model the kitchen, windows and doors or that little plug/wire. Today I spend a full hour on creating them. If you have tips on small details that make a big difference feel free to tell ;)

·
12,363 Posts
If you have tips on small details that make a big difference feel free to tell
Small details are fun to do and I love spending time on them, but the truth is they aren't all that important. Few people will actually look close enough to notice them (unless you render them from up close or point it out). Placing a plant in the corner or curtains on the wall, like you did, gives you so much more "bang for the buck". If you still want to do small fiddely details, pick something that actually makes sense to model, either because you can't find a decent model of it online or you want to do something special for your scene. Don't get cought up in accuracy like I do, unless you enjoy doing that. I guess that's the best advice I can give :D

Edit: Also, the new smileys are garbage : ohno:

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #893
Haha thanks! I actually like doing the small details, makes it all more realistic. Like detailed windows makes the images so much more realistic with it's reflective parts!
Here's a first final image I've completed today. Not 100% about the outside background.

·
Registered
6,236 Posts
I love it! IMO everything looks good already. The exterior background could definitely look more realistic, but everything else is great. For the kitchen floor have you thought about using a classic tile? Maybe not exactly like this one, but that sort of pattern would look nice in my opinion.

Reactions: Mike____
881 - 900 of 928 Posts