SkyscraperCity banner

901 - 920 of 928 Posts

·
12,365 Posts
Simplicity is great but only to a certain point - it seems to me that removing the numerals from a clock makes it harder to read, which is an odd design choice if you ask me :lol:

Edit: I also think that roman numerals on a clock are classy and timeless, but that's probably just my personal preference.

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #902
We actually have a clock here at home with only the pointers, you get used to it pretty quickly! But I can understand it's weird at first ;)

Here's a new image I've finished today from the main hallway! Quiet satisfied how this one turned out!

·
12,365 Posts
It looks fantastic. I love the open-ness of the rooms (no doors) and the lights you used in the hallway and kitchen.

Two small things I'd adjust though: It looks like the hallway and kitchen lights are offset, it would be nice if they aligned perfectly. Also the normal map on the floor is pretty strong, if you dial it back maybe by 50% it should look smooth and shiny, which is nicer IMO :)

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #904
That was my goal, to create an open and spacious apartment with warm touches. There are door tho, sliding doors ;)
Yea, this material is one of the "standard" wood materials that came with Vray. The bump is indeed too harsh! The lights are a good point! I could align them by moving them together with the kitchen island. I do need to re-render it because I found a BIG error I just noticed.. floating dining table 🤦

·
12,365 Posts
This is looking very promising already. I think landscaping will be important for this project :)

Excellent job on the bathroom btw, it is probably my favourite room from that apartment. Would be nice to see the final floor plan and where it is located in the building, any chance you could show that to us?

·
12,365 Posts
It looks great with the brown brick facade, but personally I think the plain white walls from before worked even better. It made the building look very inviting if that makes sense.
You could try to make the facade a bit more diverse in color, for example use brick for the ground floor and the roof section and make the regular floors white. Or make the inset walls (next to the windows) white and leave the columns with the brick texture.

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
I actually like the brick but you should definitely add something more. Check this project that is under construction in my city, I think they have a sor of similar facade.

Reactions: Mike____

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #916
Tried a white brick material with wooden panels on the inset walls, for now I really like this combination.
I've also added some floors on top for the more "exclusive" rooms to see what impact it would make on the total look of the building.
This building will also have a lot of outside areas on top of the floors for residents to enjoy the fresh air.

901 - 920 of 928 Posts