SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered Looser
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can't find a thread for this strangely so here is one! A thread for any 3d models or renders you've made for London.
I think this thread will be a much more appropriate for posting my pictures in, (rather than in threads about specific buildings).
Please feel free to request for anything, although I can't promise I will do it :).

Heres a selection of some new and old renderings I made. I think they really help you understand how all of these buildings will 'fit' together. Clearly there are a few buildings missing at the moment (Milton Court, Broadgate Tower, Heron Plaza) which I'll get around to doing. Anyway enjoy :)

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Those pictures are absolutely stunning! :cheers:

I love your Canary Wharf renders and I hope they are all built - but I can't imagine we will see all of them (if they are ALL built) until at least 2020.

Is it just me though or will the future Canary Wharf skyline be a bit flat compared to now? Reminds me a bit of La Defense

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
I'm starting to think Canary Wharf will have to start designing more interesting buildings in future, the city's becoming a far more experimental and desirable place it seems to develop, Canary wharf is loosing it's edge me thinks.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Great work. Canary wharf will be impressive from a massing perspective if not from an architecural one. High quality but no diveristy, daring or innovation. Where is the Empire State building or Woolworths, Sears or John Hancock? Notwithstanding you've got to give it to the estate and the other developers in that it will impress itself on to the skyline in a non-British style which very much a London trait - idyoscrancy/unconventionalism.

·
Registered
Director
1,470 Posts
well...... I think a UK city has just become potentially one of my favourite skylines in the world! Canary wharf/wood wharf is startting to look like a little chicago (if that all goes ahead), and then look over at the city and whats going on there could be going on in the booming cities of asia. Its almost like the old style city scape of boxes (which i still love) meets the cities new style of pinnicle sky reaching towers of the future.

Brilliant! How much of that last model of isle of dogs is approved?

·
Registered Looser
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great job. Any plan to add texture?
Unfortunately no. I have textured most of the existing buildings but I've kept them white to make the entire render look a little more professional.

(P.S Please feel free anyone, to post any links to 'elevation drawings' of the sides of buildings I have not done yet (e.g. Heron Plaza). This is because I have extreme difficulty finding them on websites like the city of london planning one).

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hello London modellers, I've really enjoyed the recent additions of Londons lesser known buildings onto Earth. I model Glasgow (sdunlop on the 3d warehouse). I got invited to a Google conference in Zurich in March along with a hundred or so other modellers and mappers.

During my time in Zurich I got involved in a discussion with a google engineer, I was asking him if London would be available for building maker at any time in the near future. He told me that it wouldn't be necessary as some unnamed group modelled the whole of London that was very detailed and with excellent photorealism but it couldn't yet be published for legal reasons. He couldn't go into detail but he said he hoped it would get sorted out 'soon'.

·
on Clapham Common
1,051 Posts
^^ Yeah most of the well known buildings are in London now, just a million of those blocks to do now :) well were nearly there, i've already done 3! :lol:

·
3,829 Posts
Wow how dense is Canary Wharf going to be!! The agglomeration of simple boxes mean it will be a far better cluster than the messy city, where all the new 'icon' towers are trying to out do each other, in my opinion.

Anyway, one building I see is missing is the signature arch at Wood Wharf complex, Canary Warf - has this been cancelled or what? It certainly looked special, if (very!) similar to Paris' arch at La Defense.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
well its nice to heron plaza and bishopsgate 100 in it now we get a better vieuw of the area keep doing this.

·
Registered
139 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts