SkyscraperCity Forum banner

[3D] my bike city

18971 Views 72 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  dubu
this is a double decker train (its not done, im going to have someone thats good with 3d models make it better) the bottom is where you get on and off and you put bikes there. the top floor is all seats. theres bike tunnels that go to the stops

these are buildings (im done with these with a bunch of help to make it look better) where theres bike paths all over

41 - 60 of 73 Posts
2d again. then 3d again.
someone is working on the 3d.

Hi!

I know you're not getting any feedback here, which is usually frustrating. To be honest, I can't give you any useful criticism eiter, because your work is very simplistic and frankly not very interesting to me. But I wanted to congratulate you on keeping it up and still posting here, even when no one seems to care.
I'm also not here to tell you how to do things, but if there's one piece of advice I can give you, it is to refine your work incrementally, try to improve it in small steps. Good luck!
it is pretty simple, this is the basics. i like simple though

or drawing a octagon would be way easier and faster i just realized.
dublantis 2062
Reactions: Arch Wright
Hi!

A city made of narrow and tall buildings can be quite intriguing (Tokyo for example).

I would suggest to:
1) clarify the road connections (currently you have this letter 'A' made of roads that is not practical),
2) be consistent with the scale (your roads are as wide as your rail tracks - it might happen in 2062 but now it looks wrong) and put something that has recognisable and unambiguous size e.g. bicycle, person so we can understand how tall the buildings are,
3) diversify your buildings, at least make the central building (in the middle of the park) significantly different to the other two types.

Good luck and keep working!
this is actually the final, i didnt make it 3d. someone from asia did. it kinda shows, elevators on the outside and tall buildings. i didnt want the short buildings taller then 20 floors, the center building would be the tallest one. thats a ways to walk to get to the center building though. but thanks for the post, i usually hear that it looks bad. everyone is different. some people want a grid downtown, i like circular downtowns.
Hi!

A city made of narrow and tall buildings can be quite intriguing (Tokyo for example).

I would suggest to:
1) clarify the road connections (currently you have this letter 'A' made of roads that is not practical),
2) be consistent with the scale (your roads are as wide as your rail tracks - it might happen in 2062 but now it looks wrong) and put something that has recognisable and unambiguous size e.g. bicycle, person so we can understand how tall the buildings are,
3) diversify your buildings, at least make the central building (in the middle of the park) significantly different to the other two types.

Good luck and keep working!
drawing of 20lant xl. ill make it 3d some time.

i should change the name of the thread. its a bike, car, train city. but anyways heres the skyscraper placement.

the above ground roads.
20lant city done.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.