Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 199 Posts

·
piéton
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
under construction for a long time...

i began this city 10 years ago by scale modeling it, now i'm trying to modelise it in 3D... it takes me about 5 years to define the map, now divided in 3 parts...

here two renders of one of these parts... the two others are not yet scanned...

i'm not architect so the designs of buildings are not really glorious :D

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

·
Requiscat en pace
8,051 Posts
Job well done! :eek:kay:
Really like the interchange, but that coney building ruins the city a bit

Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
36 Posts
The cluster of skyscrapers in the middle is awesome and they remind me of Gotham City in Batman. The twisting highways look like they took you a long time to design. The train station is really nice and not something you see in every model city.

·
Requiscat en pace
8,051 Posts
What programs do you use?

·
16,955 Posts
Your maps are looking very professional :) Keep it up ;)

·
Banned
3,506 Posts
Best design in the whole section!! Chapeau!

Il y a juste le design de ce cone un peu bizarre a revoir, sinon tout est parfait!!

:eek:kay:

·
piéton
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks to all :) merci ;)

i see that the coney building has some problems to be appreciated, so i can only explain my choice to keep it in my city by showing another rendering... i have just to precise that the cone building is only shows as a volume for instance, but should evolve and have a brother a bit higher, actually it is around 800~850m tall, the other should touch the KM in height...

here partially the explaination... the skyline of one of the CBDs of my city is completed in some angles with it... i like this kind of play, as how Empire state building is sometimes in or out of midtown's skyline... this is the one reason :D

·
piéton
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
no texture are planned, this isn't why i modelise the city, i only wanted to create a "streetplan" and volumes of buildings...

here a view on the square in front of the railway station where i add cars and RER to give an idea of the scale...

1 - 20 of 199 Posts