SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Very nice modernization of a worn old building. I especially like the interior design with all the curves, even though it might be a bit unpractical in someplaces. What software did you use for renders? I think this model would deserve a bit better renders. Great job on the model anyways!

·
Real Horrorshow
22,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was designed mainly to feel organic and connected to nature rather than be purely functional, since there was enough space to sacrifice some practicality.

I used the built in Revit rendering system. This was a crit project so I didn't have time to make really high quality renderings unfortunately. I might make some later.

·
Real Horrorshow
22,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hotel and Spa in Kitchener

Facade retention of existing heritage building

Street View

Lobby

Atrium and staircase to patio, and below to basement spa

Patio

Basement spa

Behind the green wall (sauna rooms)

Hotel hallway

Hotel room

Penthouse Suite

Penthouse Suite 2

·
Real Horrorshow
22,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Some renders from my thesis project!

Basically the objective was to make an abandoned post-industrial site bordered by a freeway, canal and train yard into a safe and comfortable park.
The building is a library and work space, with a cafe, art gallery, rowing club and event hall, and designed to block off the highway from the park.
You can also climb up on the green roofs.

The current site: Uninviting and full of garbage

My design:

·
Real Horrorshow
22,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Design for a summer house in the Icelandic countryside. The idea is to maximise space with as little disruption of the terrain as possible. Cantilevered on a concrete plinth with a CLT and steel frame. The angular shape is inspired by the volcanic rock formations throughout Iceland. The green roof and charred timber siding are traditional practices in Icelandic architecture. Still working on a few more renders for this.

IcelandRender1Final.jpg
IcelandRender3Final.jpg
IcelandRender2Final.jpg

·
12,361 Posts
Personally I think it would look better without the sharp edge, for example if the last ~2m of it were removed. Interesting concept though.

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
The interior shot is great!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts