SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the four nations kicks off this weekend!!!
whos guna win, and how much are you guna beat us by (england)!!!

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
It should make for an interesting tournament as I think the Kiwis will definately give us a big shake. The Poms will be an unknown quantity as they have a lot of up and coming youngsters in their squad but unfortunately for them they have got quite a few key players out through injuries. I'll be at their game against Australia in Melbourne with a bunch of other blokes so I hope they can give us a very competitive match.

PNG are the 4th side as they won the Pacific Nations Cup last year and have been plagued by infighting and lost their coach, Adrian Lam as well a few experienced NRL and QCup players but they are always fun to watch as they play without disregard for their bodies.

Next year the winner of the European Cup will join the 4 Nations which is being played currently between France, Wales, Scotland and Ireland and the winner will come down to this weekend's game between France and the much improved Welsh side.

·
Registered
17 Posts
As sure as the sun, tocc will be in here quick-smart deriding this tournament and saying how pointless it is.

Kiwis are very good value for the punter in this one. Always enjoy watching the Kumuls, they play with passion and their strength is their best attribute (whilst not having the greatest aerobic fitness). They do defend their line stoutly.

See you at AAMI Park on Halloween for the Aus/poms game.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
As sure as the sun, tocc will be in here quick-smart deriding this tournament and saying how pointless it is.

Kiwis are very good value for the punter in this one. Always enjoy watching the Kumuls, they play with passion and their strength is their best attribute (whilst not having the greatest aerobic fitness). They do defend their line stoutly.

See you at AAMI Park on Halloween for the Aus/poms game.
Lol, I reckon I must have fucked your mum somewhere along the lines, we just lost that love and feeling it would seem...

:lol:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Lol, I reckon I must have fucked your mum somewhere along the lines, we just lost that love and feeling it would seem...

:lol:
Comin out swinging hey princess? It's alright, you can tell us (again) how much you dislike Rugby League.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Comin out swinging hey princess? It's alright, you can tell us (again) how much you dislike Rugby League.
LOL, the irony is that I'm allegedly the one who is supposed to hijack the thread....

I like rugby league, I dislike the way the professional game in Australia is run, tough titties if that upsets you....

·
Registered
1,782 Posts

I am glad I am not the only one who sees it, just watch out for the witty comebacks.

In the past the Kiwis have lacked the backline punch to beat the Kangaroos but now with the likes of Leuleui, Benji, Kenny-Dowell and Vatuvai they have a potent backline as shopwn last night against the English side. The Kiwis won 24-10 and looked ferocious in defence and it's going to be a cracker when they come up against the Kangaroos but unfortunatley they lost Vatuvai for the rest of the tournament due to a broken hand.

Overnight Wales has upset France 12-11 to seal a spot in next years 4 Nations, good win for the Welsh and are really starting to bear fruit from the inclusion of a side in the English Super League.There has been big growth in the game in Wales and this win should help them kick along even more.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
I am glad I am not the only one who sees it, just watch out for the witty comebacks.
Brisbanite, as i have stated before, i am more then willing to discuss my opinion on the management of the NRL and ARL at any point, so when your done with the bitchy remarks and feel to have a mature discussion on the topic then let me know.

·
#pantherpride
1,561 Posts
Didn't really watch the match today, but had a listen to Roy and HG's call on Triple M.

Probably not as good as their hey day when they did the Origin on Triple J, but it still raised a chuckle or two...

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
The Kangaroos will have woken today with a few bumps and bruises after their defeat of the PNG Kumuls 42-Nil. Although they were heavily beaten the Kumuls aimed up big time and put some very impressive hits on the Aussie players.

The referee gave no favours to the Kumuls but they were their own worst enemy with poor discipline costing them a lot of penalties. I think they suffered from being overawed in the 1st 20 min, being down 26-Nil but held on stoutly to only concede 16 points in the next 3/4 of the game. It's a shame that they are missing a few key players due to the political fighting that went on a couple of months ago.

Brisbanite, as i have stated before, i am more then willing to discuss my opinion on the management of the NRL and ARL at any point, so when your done with the bitchy remarks and feel to have a mature discussion on the topic then let me know.
Well why don't you discuss it rather than posting inane comments that don't talk about the Footy at all. I'd say I would have similar opinions about the management and failings of the NRL/ARL heirachy as I get frustrated with them as well but doesn't stop me from championing the sport itself.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Well why don't you discuss it rather than posting inane comments that don't talk about the Footy at all. I'd say I would have similar opinions about the management and failings of the NRL/ARL heirachy as I get frustrated with them as well but doesn't stop me from championing the sport itself.
So i guess thats a no to a civil discussion about the topic then..

Brisbanite you are just like all those guys who get overly defensive about the city they live in, anything which isnt high praise directed at the NRL and you get all upset.

The last time you had a go at me about rugby league was because i criticised the NRL for putting on shit pre-game entertainment on GF day in comparison to the AFL, i wasnt having a go at the game of rugby league nor was i having a go at any of the player, other NRL fans even agreed with me at the time.

Dont get upset with me because the game is continually mismanaged from the halls of Fort Fumble, why is it only now that the NRL/ARL are showing any vested interest in Western Sydney.. Why is it only this year that the Gold Coast Titans have had any form of assistance in spreading the game(all stars match).

It shouldnt have taken the pending inclusion of a second AFL team in Sydney for the NRL to start giving back to the Western Suburbs. The AFL is expanding further into NRL heartlands further boosting there broadcast rights whilst the NRL entertains the thought of placing another team in a already rugby league heartland.

You want to know why the AFL doesnt place a team in Tasmania even though there are more AFL fans down there then Western Sydney, the reason is becasue of the boost in the value of the broadast agreement. Expanding into a AFL heartland will boost the TV rights only marginally, boosting into a untapped market like the Western Sydney and the Gold Coast will boost there tv rights substantially.

How about the Melbourne Storm debacle, have a look at the Lions, Swans, GC Suns and GWS as to how you effectively expand into a foreign market. Salary Cap concessions, funding assistance and a concerted effort to boost the exposure of the code through other avenues not just through the team based there.

Sure the Storm management should have been punished for rorting the salary cap, but by the NRL stripping there premierships and making it impossible for the Storm to reach the GF they punished not only the club, but they punished the fans as well. 2010 should have been a breakout year for the Storm, they had a new stadium and were riding a wave of goodwill from years of success, the NRL destroyed this.

Im not the only rugby league fan who thinks this way Brisbanite, the game has been mismanaged for well over a decade, the only smart move the NRL administration made through that time was place the Titans on the Gold Coast, even then very little of there success can be attributed to the NRL administration itself, rather it was the managment and players of the Titans who made that club successful. There were no concession like what the GC Suns or GWS have received to make them viable.

It has taken a full year for the new commission to be formed, there were articles earlier this year suggesting it could have been formed prior to round 1, yet here we are, almost 8month on and still infighting between parties has prevented the game from moving forward.

You want to criticse me for ragging on the NRL and ARL, then you better get your facts right.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts

Brisbanite you are just like all those guys who get overly defensive about the city they live in, anything which isnt high praise directed at the NRL and you get all upset.

The last time you had a go at me about rugby league was because i criticised the NRL for putting on shit pre-game entertainment on GF day in comparison to the AFL, i wasnt having a go at the game of rugby league nor was i having a go at any of the player, other NRL fans even agreed with me at the time.

You want to criticse me for ragging on the NRL and ARL, then you better get your facts right.
I don't see how you interpret my post as being uncivil, it was quite the opposite. Did you actually read my comments? Did you read the part where I mentioned that I would have SIMILAR opinions about the NRL/ARL Failings?

If you have read a lot of my past posts then you would see I have criticised the NRL on numerous times especially the way they handled the Storm fiasco, the refereeing standards, especially the ARL/IRLF's international criteria and other mismanaged instances so I don't look at the game entirely through rose-coloured glasses as you insinuate. I cannot wait for the Independant Commission to be up and running but I prefer them to take their time and get it right then go in half-arsed and balls it up.

The reason I criticise you and obviously others notice it, is because to me you come across as a Troll in the RL thread as you are always posting negative articles or inane comments just to stir up the likes of BSD and I have not seen one post about anything positive or about the actual games themselves. If you are a fair dinkum fan then I will give you the benefit of the doubt and I apologise if I have gotten your nose out of joint because of it. As I've stated to you before I am quite open to reasonable debate about the game and I'm not on here to have running feuds.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Wow, has this thread turned into a fail or what? Who give a ****, seriously. Everyone knows that TOCC likes to poke fun at the NRL every now and again and that Brisbanite will get sand in his ****** over it. Seriously, TOCC hadn't even entered this forum yet and people were having a cry. If you don't want people to criticise rugbly league start a thread for dilluded fans only.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Dont get upset with me because the game is continually mismanaged from the halls of Fort Fumble, why is it only now that the NRL/ARL are showing any vested interest in Western Sydney.. Why is it only this year that the Gold Coast Titans have had any form of assistance in spreading the game(all stars match).

It shouldnt have taken the pending inclusion of a second AFL team in Sydney for the NRL to start giving back to the Western Suburbs. The AFL is expanding further into NRL heartlands further boosting there broadcast rights whilst the NRL entertains the thought of placing another team in a already rugby league heartland.

You want to know why the AFL doesnt place a team in Tasmania even though there are more AFL fans down there then Western Sydney, the reason is becasue of the boost in the value of the broadast agreement. Expanding into a AFL heartland will boost the TV rights only marginally, boosting into a untapped market like the Western Sydney and the Gold Coast will boost there tv rights substantially.

How about the Melbourne Storm debacle, have a look at the Lions, Swans, GC Suns and GWS as to how you effectively expand into a foreign market. Salary Cap concessions, funding assistance and a concerted effort to boost the exposure of the code through other avenues not just through the team based there.

Sure the Storm management should have been punished for rorting the salary cap, but by the NRL stripping there premierships and making it impossible for the Storm to reach the GF they punished not only the club, but they punished the fans as well. 2010 should have been a breakout year for the Storm, they had a new stadium and were riding a wave of goodwill from years of success, the NRL destroyed this.

Im not the only rugby league fan who thinks this way Brisbanite, the game has been mismanaged for well over a decade, the only smart move the NRL administration made through that time was place the Titans on the Gold Coast, even then very little of there success can be attributed to the NRL administration itself, rather it was the managment and players of the Titans who made that club successful. There were no concession like what the GC Suns or GWS have received to make them viable.

It has taken a full year for the new commission to be formed, there were articles earlier this year suggesting it could have been formed prior to round 1, yet here we are, almost 8month on and still infighting between parties has prevented the game from moving forward.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=1238369

:applause:

You have outdone yourself, I knew you couldn't resist. What a pissy little rant.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Thankyou Ross, i wouldnt have even posted in this thread if it werent for these two douches attempting to lay crap on me...

as for you Brisbanite, your a little bitch, that's all I have to say, I gave you the opportunity to have a mature discussion yet you are blinded by your own ignorance.

If you think my comments are "inane" because I dont verbally suck David gallops dick at every opportunity, or put rugby league on a pedestal, then bad luck, you better get used to it, I'm entitled to my own opinion.

:applause:

You have outdone yourself, I knew you couldn't resist. What a pissy little rant.
Yes the truth is hard to swallow for some

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Thankyou Ross, i wouldnt have even posted in this thread if it werent for these two douches attempting to lay crap on me...

as for you Brisbanite, your a little bitch, that's all I have to say, I gave you the opportunity to have a mature discussion yet you are blinded by your own ignorance.

If you think my comments are "inane" because I dont verbally suck David gallops dick at every opportunity, or put rugby league on a pedestal, then bad luck, you better get used to it, I'm entitled to my own opinion.
Did you actually read what I said:
If you are a fair dinkum fan then I will give you the benefit of the doubt and I apologise if I have gotten your nose out of joint because of it. As I've stated to you before I am quite open to reasonable debate about the game and I'm not on here to have running feuds.
I'm big enough to apologise but you instead want to interpret it as something else, fair enough.

·
Banned
1,116 Posts
In the past the Kiwis have lacked the backline punch to beat the Kangaroos but now with the likes of Leuleui, Benji, Kenny-Dowell and Vatuvai they have a potent backline as shopwn last night against the English side. The Kiwis won 24-10 and looked ferocious in defence and it's going to be a cracker when they come up against the Kangaroos but unfortunatley they lost Vatuvai for the rest of the tournament due to a broken hand.
The coach turned up to the press conference with half a bottle of sleeping pills in his system. We've been trying to get Sonny-Bill Williams a go on the field but so far he's been unlucky.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Did you actually read what I said:

I'm big enough to apologise but you instead want to interpret it as something else, fair enough.
No no, you apologized for getting my use out of joint, which you haven't..

However what you did do was continue your patronizing persona by criticizing every comment I have ever made about rugby league, you said my posts were inane and completely irrelevant to rugby league topics...

Like i said, blinded by your own ignorance

1 - 20 of 61 Posts