SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Taking On The World
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, ok. They are no Burj Dubai. But Novo Hamburgo is just the 99th largest brazilian city (with 250k people), so its not a very important city, although its located inside the metro area of a very important brazilian city (Porto Alegre, 1,3 million people).

I think they are nice for the 99th largest city in the country.

CIVIC CENTER

ATLAS EXECUTIVE CENTER

TORRE PRATA (Silver Tower) almost complete

PRIME

Prime will be located on that corner with the white wood wall around

·
Taking On The World
26,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you cant create a spire in a 17 floors building :)

The problem is that most buildings in Brasil are built by small local companies. Most buildings in my city are built only by companies located in the city, and which build ONLY in the city. Mosmann, Scherrer, Tekne, Riegel and some others.

I guess skyscrapers in other countries are built because there are huge companies with lots of capital to invest in such projects. Less companies, less buildings, but better, taller buildings in the end. That does not happens in Brasil, where each city with 100.000 people will have at least 5 local companies building highrises.

·
Registered
12,321 Posts
AcesHigh said:
you cant create a spire in a 17 floors building :)

The problem is that most buildings in Brasil are built by small local companies. Most buildings in my city are built only by companies located in the city, and which build ONLY in the city. Mosmann, Scherrer, Tekne, Riegel and some others.

I guess skyscrapers in other countries are built because there are huge companies with lots of capital to invest in such projects. Less companies, less buildings, but better, taller buildings in the end. That does not happens in Brasil, where each city with 100.000 people will have at least 5 local companies building highrises.
They can create a spire in a 17 floor building, though its not very common! But buildings don't need to have a spire to not look boxy. ;) But i understand the situation, its not only in Brazil you have that problem. :)

·
NON FVCKOR FVCKO
3,418 Posts
Beautiful buildings! The Prime is awesome. :eek:kay:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts