SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Like 'Berg'
6,742 Posts
Surely just some project of someone's, cannot be a serious proposal, surely?!!

Doesn't sit right at all does it?

·
Registered
6,783 Posts
Well that made me laugh the Doctor Glass's house. Sounds like an analogy for the City of London.

All reflections, but no shadow cast.

Surely Man that is pre bust I mean doesn't Verre also mean a glass cup as used for alcohol as well??

So perhaps its the House of Dr Wine Glass?

By the way I actually like it. It reminds me of an Ikea lamp I have.

·
Registered
13,365 Posts
It position and it's cylindrical shape reminds me of Marina City in Chicago.

I like it, it doesn't batter the river into submission which is quite a feat.

·
*THEIYR'RE
7,310 Posts
needs to be twice the sze. floorplates are too small, it looks all out of scale in the renders, like a shrunken swiss re (gherkin/stmarys axe)

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
scale looks a little wrong in that render, trying to judge the height in relation to the cjc building, about 110-120m ?

·
Banned
6,512 Posts
Come on guys, with no curved buildings outside of London, this is a much needed skyline addition...the kind of project we now need to offset the boxy jobbies we currently have.

Will never happen? Lost floor space etc.

But still would be nice.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
it looks daft...and the bottom is horrible...

is it just built on the car park of the building next door? it wouldn't fit...surely...

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Hmm... a little too much like the Gherkin IMO but if it was closer to the Beetham I think it could form a nice cluster, and it's shape would contrast nicely to the Beetham too.

·
*THEIYR'RE
7,310 Posts
in addition to my previous comment (written while a bit tipsy) I do really love it and hope it gets built (still looks 'wrong' in the renders, but after my picture of the HSR station who am I to judge...;) )

1 - 20 of 59 Posts