SkyscraperCity banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Galandar, I would like to ask a question please. How many kilometers of the road between Baku and Ganca is dual carriage motorway. I see there are some segments which are not motorway standard. I suppose they are going to build the entire road, but would like to know how long it will take.
Greetings for me too, Well done! The warm comments about your photo-reportage only give an idea how much all of us are eager to see different parts of Azerbaijan and the ordinary life of countryside.

·
Azərbaycanlı Moderator
14,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Galandar, I would like to ask a question please. How many kilometers of the road between Baku and Ganca is dual carriage motorway. I see there are some segments which are not motorway standard. I suppose they are going to build the entire road, but would like to know how long it will take.
Greetings for me too, Well done! The warm comments about your photo-reportage only give an idea how much all of us are eager to see different parts of Azerbaijan and the ordinary life of countryside.
Thank you very much for your interest. The part from Baku to Alaty is 6-lines motorway, the other two parts namely Alaty-Hacigabul and Yevlakh-Ganca are 4-line motorways. The rest Hacigabul-Yevlakh part has only 2 lines. But important is that they have started works on expansion Hacigabul-Kurdamir part from current 2 to 4 lines.

I am also happy to present this report to you. I hope to go to the north or to the south so that I can give you even more exciting photoreports from Azerbaijani regions. Cheers

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
real nice.I had a nice travel to Azerbaijan from east to the west lol
I've never visited Azerbaijan tho.I can't get out of Iran because I need to attend my military service first.
btw,who was "daskesen"?I think I saw a statue of him.is he Ferhad?(from an old novel) who falls in love with the queen of Armenia?

EDIT: I think the creator is 'Nezami'

·
Azərbaycanlı Moderator
14,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
btw,who was "daskesen"?
The city's name means Rock Cutter in Azerbaijani translation of this name, in which Azerbaijani daş and kəsən is rooted in the verb kəsmək, "to cut", thus referring to a place where rocks have been hacked. This region is famous with its natural resources such as iron-stone, aluminium, cobalt, marble and others.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Отличный фото-репортаж!
Посмотрев эти фото сразу захотелось побывать у Вас и увидеть всё это в живую :)

41 - 60 of 63 Posts