SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sydney Australia - what a buzz - a huge CBD that needs at least 7 full days to explore. Not as pedestrian friendly as Melbourne and is a little disjoint at the moment but the 2030 Sydney vision should sort all that out. All in all a great city to visit with huge energy!

·
Registered
8,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My favourite Australian city. Simply beatiful.
very good collection... i enjoy the night shots
Thanks for the comments guys! :cheers:

Ive been waiting to see how you would showcase my original hometown. IM sure you guys are having fun over there. I love the photos. Especially Martin Place, you really grab the energy there. You also show my two favourite buildings DeutscheBank and ABN Amro. Im almost a little homesick.
I never knew Sydney was your hometown! There are a few more gems coming up! :cheers:

·
stupid sexy flanders
3,521 Posts
^^ First 10 years of my life or so on and off .

Im intrigued when people first visit Sydney. It has a worldwide reputation and I think people expect big things. In some ways I think it meets most people expectation but then I think it falls flat in other areas. Hope that makes sense.

Either way Im glad you enjoyed it. Although I enjoy the energy of the place, I get what you mean about it being disjointed. Its not a city I could ever live in again. Holidays are great though!

Look forward to more shots when you are ready.

·
Banned
1,298 Posts
Sydney Australia - what a buzz - a huge CBD that needs at least 7 full days to explore.
I've been to Sydney many times, and the most time I have spent in teh CBD is 30mins getting lunch, or 1hr photographing :lol: :nuts:

·
Banned
1,298 Posts
Nice comment withdrawn.

·
Registered
8,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've been to Sydney many times, and the most time I have spent in teh CBD is 30mins getting lunch, or 1hr photographing :lol: :nuts:
It was a madhouse on Friday. Kept on having to jump into doorways to escape the throngs in order to get a decent pic.

Whoa they are some epic shots in there!! DeutscheBank is sex.
Thanks Alphaville! :cheers:

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Wonderful pics as only Mr_kiwi_fruit can do!!

:cheers:

·
Mainland Sea & Sky
6,242 Posts
Truly awesome pics and thanks for sharing !

·
Oh ma Lordee, lookee here
1,734 Posts
Again magnificent (as with Melbourne comment). Every city should get this treatment at least once.

I hope there's a coffee table book in the planning!

·
Registered
8,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wonderful pics as only Mr_kiwi_fruit can do!!

:cheers:
Thanks for the great reply neorion.:cheers:

Truly awesome pics and thanks for sharing !
Thanks cmoon, it was my pleasure.:cheers:

Again magnificent (as with Melbourne comment). Every city should get this treatment at least once.

I hope there's a coffee table book in the planning!
Thanks Bronteboy. A coffee book has been an idea brewing in the back of our minds for a few years now. Photography is my hobby and how I de-stress so for now its all about sharing what I see online.

Great shots, thanks for sharing. Always interested in seeing what others see in Sydney...
Thanks andypandy. Sydney is a fascinating city - huge compared to Auckland. Lots of hustle and bustle and a great energy palpable in the streets. The Sydneysiders inherently mean well, but seem to have very little time for each other.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Perhaps my favourite city in the world, and you captured it very nicely. Thanks for sharing, Mr kiwi fruit. :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts