Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Lurker
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Real Estate Mogul Donald Trump To Unveil Twin-Tower Design For WTC Site
NY1 - May 17, 2005

Manhattan real estate mogul Donald Trump has scheduled a news conference for Wednesday to present his own design for the World Trade Center site.

The design reportedly suggests rebuilding the twin towers one story taller than the original 110-story towers.

Trump calls the Freedom Tower "a monstrous skeleton" and adds, if it is built, "the terrorists win."

Trump claims his buildings would be more aesthetically pleasing than the Freedom Tower design and strong enough to withstand a September 11th-type attack.

Trump says engineer Ken Gardner and architect Herbert Belton are the creators of his design.

Belton worked on the original World Trade Center plan back in 1965.

·
Lurker
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
"Trump says engineer Ken Gardner and architect Herbert Belton are the creators of his design."
It seems like Trump's trying to get the Gardner/Belton plan some serious publicity.

·
Registered
21 Posts
thats some good news there,

i never really liked the freedom tower design there was just something not right about it.

i think 2 towers in a similar looking design as the wtc,but built in a different safer method would be good.
either the same height or 1 floor higher.

they should build on the oppisite points/angles to where the wtc stood and have 2 memorial gardens on the points/angles where the wtc stood.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i just cannot imagine any other building there.

i know some people would not want them rebuilding the same or in a similar design,but i think it is the right thing.

new york would look like new york again!

but if this ever gets the go ahead,i hope they rebuild on the oppisite angles as a sign of respect and as i said in my previous post 2 memorial gardens on the wtc plots would be nice,with the sphere present.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Damn I can't see the Gardner/Belton model design. Any other way to post it?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am new and from what I have been reading, a good part of this forum wants the Twins back. Tommorow May 18, will be a very important day for all of us, as Trump will hold a PUBLIC press confrence at 10:45am at his office at 725 5th Avenue office. By being public, anyone who wishes to be there can be there, so please bring all the WTC posters you can and show the press "NY WANTS THE TWIN TOWERS". This will show a powerful message to "King" George Pataki and his horrendous Freedom Tower. PLEASE BE THERE!! REMEMBER AT on may 18 at10:45 AM at 725 5th Avenue, only if you want the Twin Towers back.

If you cant go then write to him and call him expressing your support, heres the address

Mr.Donald Trump
CEO,Trump Organization
725 5th Avenue
New York,NY 10022

and heres the phone# (212) 832-2000 (I recommend doing both calling and writing)

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
AS MUCH AS I DON'T LIKE THE FREEDOM TOWER i also don't like the original design,furthermore i dislike the fact that were rebuilding a design from the 1960's. lets jazz it up a little,lets not make it seem like nothing ever happen on 9/11

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Hahaha Look at these shots at Libeskind

"The design for the Freedom Tower is an egghead design, designed by an egghead, which has no practical application and which, frankly, didn't look very good," Trump said at the time.

Good!

·
Long live the Twins!
1,116 Posts
yes!!! trump's putting his words into action!

may this be the ultimate death-knell for pataki, lmdc, bloomberg, libeskind, and childs! those guys have refused to respect democracy by listen to their people, and now they'll finally pay!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hopefully, Trump can say to Libeskind: "You're fired™!"

·
Registered
436 Posts
I like this quite a bit but they should at least give it some different cladding or rejig the design enough to make it look more contemporary. Even when the original towers were standing they were starting to look fairly dated. No sense in building the same thing down to the look. I'm all for this but it should look more up to date IMO.

·
Member, Winifred Fan Club
2,971 Posts
I think the design is a step backwards. Nobody will ever forget what was there before. I think we need to take this extremely rare opportunity to stretch beyond our imaginations.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
boybaha said:
I think the design is a step backwards. Nobody will ever forget what was there before. I think we need to take this extremely rare opportunity to stretch beyond our imaginations.

I can! I think Trump was bang on in calling it a "skeleton."

1 - 20 of 120 Posts