Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 333 Posts

·
14,370 Posts
1 Arena Central
City Center

Height: 38m | Floors: 7 | Client/Architects: Arena Central Developments / Make Architects

Links: http://arena-central.com/

• 1 Arena Central is a first choice location for either a single occupier seeking a prominent HQ location or multiple tenants, with flexible and easily sub-divisible floorplates supporting the delivery of a number of office layouts.

Alongside its 135,000 sq ft of Grade A offices – with typical floorplates of 21,000 sq ft – 1 Arena Central offers 5,000 sq ft of high quality retail space with an inset terrace facing out towards Centenary Square.

The upper floors have been designed to accommodate a variety of occupier requirements, with a flexible layout arranged around a central lift core and two perimeter stair cores, with a balcony and terrace on the top floor.

The exterior of 1 Arena Central has been designed to create an impactful and timeless facade with alternating glazed and fully opaque panels creating a tessellated, chequerboard effect around the building.

The basement provides 68 car parking spaces, alongside 54 secure cycle spaces with lockers and showers. Funding is currently being sought to develop 1 Arena Central on a speculative basis.

• Current status: Approved / Site Prep

·
14,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
seems we're also in for some 20 storey 60m residential blocks here too.... they are really going for some density... similar height to the library building

also with a 20 storey 80m office building, though with plant id expect that to rise a little... the average floor to floor height for A grade offices is 4.5m... so 20 x 4.5m is circa 90m.... similar height to orion and the sentinals...

·
Registered
28,247 Posts
So, from the section at the end, 'Masterplan Revision', office D sounds the tallest Ground + 20 full office levels, 21,945 sqm; Residential E2 the largest at 24,095sqm. For D, it says: max height + 220.8 but I don't know how to interpret that; could somebody explain? :)
Floor height is at +140 ish so 80m then

·
...you can call me LoVe.
1,682 Posts
Good to see movement on this. With quality materials this should look quite respectable. I'd be interested to see a view from Centenary Way to see how the block impacts the view of the Hyatt & ICC.

Also, with Arena Central Sq surrounded by 20 storey buildings, there'll be little opportunity to sit outside in the sun...?

Let's hope they get a spade in the ground this time.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Planning permission is already in place for the delivery of a brand new, 200-bedroom Holiday Inn Express hotel, to be developed by Centre Island Ltd, owners of the adjacent Crown Plaza Hotel.

Site clearance is already underway, with a redundant multi-storey car park on the corner of Holliday Street and Bridge Street having been demolished to make way for the hotel, construction on which is due to start imminently, ready for occupancy in 2016

·
Birmingham - #1
Present, for now… 🗿
23,878 Posts
The only thing I'm worried about are old tv studios behind. Will businesses really want that next door? Or maybe it will all get demolished before it's complete.
Well looking at the pictures below, looks like the TV studios and everything else will be demolished before 1 Arena Central even starts. Also, Holiday Inn should be built before the Studios are demolished

·
The promised land
17,654 Posts
The only thing I'm worried about are old tv studios behind. Will businesses really want that next door? Or maybe it will all get demolished before it's complete.
The public realm will be in pace i would have thought before this building is finished. Not seen an app for the landscaping through so this detail would probably be include in the app for this building. We might see the two being done at the same time.

1 - 20 of 333 Posts