Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Banned
957 Posts
I would like to see some skyline renderings of them? will they be next to other talls? or seperate from the rest of the skyline? I know there on Olympic and Grand, but where is that in relationship to the rest of the skyline?

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I google earthed the location (the placemark):

It's not part of the current skyline :(.. but hopefully in the future buildings will form around it

·
Banned
957 Posts
On google maps the area seems to be mostly parking lots. It might look kind of awkward when it first goes up, but eventually more towers will grow in that area.

·
Banned
957 Posts
I wonder if they will look authentic, or faux? If they are successful thay could start building more towers that have an old look, to make newer downtowns look more established. NY and Chicago have plenty of big old buildings. But I would like to see more of these in cities like LA, SD, SF, VC, Peonix, Houston, and Denver.

·
Pipe Layer
778 Posts
Honestly I don't like the throwback 1930's architecture. Do the architects and developers know what year we are in right now?? I wonder what motivated them to cook up something like this in ultramodern LA.

At least it would add to downtown's density.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i personally love these buildings. They are not cutting any corners with this being tageted to the super rich with Limestone cladding adn other high end anemities. There will be a 5 star hotel included as well i believe and i like having different styles in our downtown. it adds charactar and diversity. I also like the way these two are on the street and not setback. we'll learn more from the article tomorrow in the LA times.

·
...::HK.:.:.:.LA::...
1,529 Posts
I like the design but it's a bit too Roaring Twenties for me :p dtLA isn't really a diverse skyline so these might look quite outta place once other new buildings get completed around it (esp those already proposed/uc... those are quite ultra-modern :-( )

·
Registered
377 Posts
First off, I'm a fan of post-modern design, but I've gotta say I kinda like these buildings. I think these towers would be a welcome addition to downtown LA, to help fill in all those deadzones and parking lots in the southern part of downtown. If done right these retro-looking buildings would really look nice when lit up at night...I especially like the tower with the dome on top.

·
skyscraper maniac
1,982 Posts
I've always wanted dt LA to have original old buildings, just that I never said anything. I like the towers, a lot. But the range of the units is from 2 to 5 million, I doubt these will ver fill up.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
maybe all the richies will move out of the santa monica area, move into buildings like this, and make way for real construction in that hellish area called the pacific ocean shoreline

1 - 20 of 98 Posts