Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Without knowing whever this has been posted or not, i'm curious too see what this proposal looks like. Any ideas?

Quote: HKR Architects goes for planning with east London tower – image

Dublin and London-based HKR Architects has submitted this residential tower scheme in the East End of London for planning permission.

The scheme, for a 54-storey structure in Galleons Quay, near Canary Wharf, now awaits the decision of Tower Hamlets planners.

The practice claims that the project is designed to ‘contribute to the townscape of the emerging urban quarter’.

The office also describes it as ‘an ambitious and colourful building, creating a high-quality, high-density and sustainable residential development’.

The scheme, which will involve 155 properties, is for Irish developer Beladine Properties.

A date for the planning hearing is not yet available.

·
Registered
991 Posts
well seemed odd it was also 54 storey tower which is an odd number of floors (ok it's even but you know what i mean) and it happens to be near canary wharf, maybe i'm wrong, where did you hear this?

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
54 storeys and 155 properties means this one is very slender. The tower in the link has a fat arse, and is falling over cos it's drunk.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Ok, just found this:

This is galleon quay near canary wharf by hkr and contains 155 homes, as you can see it's not quite 54 storeys, it's actually 54 'meters' and 17 storeys.

Nice enough but gutted not another 50+ storey beast. :cry:

·
Registered
991 Posts
At least the tennants in this should have a better view than 80% of those in the ontario tower then

·
Registered
11,915 Posts
theres a 54 storey tower proposal near millwall dock -theres another thread on it somewhere that i posted about a month ago -its in pre-planning at the moment

1 - 13 of 13 Posts