Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
insertoronto
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
5555 River Rd. 229 and 221 meter tall buildings in Niagara falls.

http://www.niagarafalls.ca/pdf/public-notices/1043/Microsoft-Word-PublicNotice-AM2012005.pdf

edit: I was so excited by this that I didn't really think that this might not be the best place to put this. would it be better in the Ontario section? I would think that it would see more traffic in this section compared to the relatively dead Ontario sub forum

Double edit: wow, I forgot to remove The T/O thing from The title I copied as a template for this title. It needs a little change to be proposed! (sorry I am so high matenience mods!)

·
39,327 Posts
You're right that it would get missed in the Ontario forum. Maybe the Canadian Proposals thread would be the best place for posting this? Regardless, this is exciting news indeed. The Niagara Falls skyline needs an upgrade and it's about time it broke into the 200m+ range.

If they get built, Niagara Falls could give Montreal, Vancouver, and Calgary a run for their money in the 200m+ category. I believe there are only 3 in Calgary, and 1 each in Vancouver and Montreal.

Canadian 200m+ Club
Toronto 11
Calgary 3
Montreal 1
Vancouver 1

·
insertoronto
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is a hotel not a condo toronto2008.

And I'm pretty sure Calgary has 3 200+m buildings. (EAP, the bow, and the big red building that I forget the name of)

·
39,327 Posts
You're right. They used to call it 'Red Square' due to it being Petro Canada, but it's now called Suncor Energy Centre West. I edited the above.

·
39,327 Posts

·
Registered
13,365 Posts
That isn't an antenna, it's a spire. There is nothing broadcasting from it, it's an architectural feature.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If they get built, Niagara Falls could give Montreal, Vancouver, and Calgary a run for their money in the 200m+ category. I believe there are only 3 in Calgary, and 1 each in Vancouver and Montreal.

Canadian 200m+ Club
Toronto 11
Calgary 3
Montreal 1
Vancouver 1
None of that matters, unless you judge a city's importance based on the number of tall buildings it has. Why stop at 200m, and not 199m? Why is a supertall 300m and not 298m? It's all arbitrary, and does not indicate how well these buildings interact with the street. What I gathered from your list is that Toronto is the place to be if you want to experience wind tunnels.

Frankly, Niagara Falls would be better off without a development like this.

More information: http://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/2012/07/24/new-player-in-race-for-falls-tallest-building

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Picture of the proposed condo buildings:

A bit on the "skimpy" side, but the height is good. Looks like Niagara Falls is going to have a building taller than Detroit's Renaissance Center!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Any word on this development going forward? I have been asking all over the different forums that have any thread for this development.

My hope is the 65000+ seat Speedway being built in Fort Erie will help get some of these Niagara Falls developments built.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts