Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Birmingham - #1
Present, for now… 🗿
23,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Outline App for 126 apartments just behind Holloway Head, opposite The Axium development.

Application Number 2017/10881/PA
Application Type Outline
Site Address 6-9 Ernest Street Birmingham B1 1NS
Proposal Outline application for the erection of a 11/12 storey building comprising 126 apartments (Class C3), car parking and commercial units (Class A1-A4, B1(a)), application seeks access only with all other matters reserved
https://eplanning.birmingham.gov.uk...tion Details&PUBLIC=Y&DAURI=PLANNING&XMLSIDE=

·
13,426 Posts
This app is replacing the previous Florence St/Ernest St submission 2016/02085/PA which proposed a nine storey block with 108 flats and one commercial unit.

I've checked both location plans and it is the same one.

The site is listed on the Forum Directory 2017 as simply Holloway Head.

·
13,426 Posts
Yes, this is the site. A new app has been submitted.

2018/04410/PA Outline app for the erection of a 9/10 storey building with 118 apartments, car parking and one commercial unit.

Hampton's Development Ltd are the applicant, based in Edgbaston.

Basically, looking to reduce the height and the number of units.

·
The promised land
17,639 Posts
djay are you around? would you know why this is an outline app for a small site? this is the 3rd outline app to go in over the years.
Most probably because it’s cheaper than paying the fee for a full application and you save on architects fees for drawings in some cases. I can’t see any big challenges that would necessitate them submitting an outline but I’ve not looked at the application.

In terms of fees it’s a difference of probably 20k. But I don’t know how big the site is so plus or minus 5k.

·
Break
0 Posts
http://eplanning.idox.birmingham.go...Document-56E59EBFF3D37A425B1A044FBB5D3FFD.pdf

Conclusion
7.1. Whilst residential redevelopment of this site is acceptable in land use terms the overall scale and mass of the proposal would adversely affect the character and appearance of the area. In addition, the lack of a financial contribution would also fail to mitigate the developments impact. Consequently the proposal would be contrary to policy and should be refused.

8. Recommendation
8.1. Refuse

1 - 12 of 12 Posts