SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Massing study for the surface parking lots immediately to the north and east of the Harbour Commission Building. At Bay St and Harbour St, just across from the Pinnacle towers.

Posted by Mongo on UT.

This new building appears to be about 1.7 times the height of Waterpark Place I, which is 117.5m tall, so the new building would be about 200m tall (if the render is accurate). This is much taller than the 140m Waterpark Place III to be built just west of Waterpark Place I and II.

edit -- this actually looks like two separate buildings, a slabbish dark grey building to the east (175m office tower?), and a slightly taller, blue, point tower to the west. (200m condo building?)

another edit -- 200m divided by 3.2m (average height of a Toronto condo building divided by its floor count) gives 62 storeys. The 160m office tower (if it is an office tower) would be in the 38 storey range, otherwise (if it is a condo tower) it would be about 50 storeys.

Google Street View: http://g.co/maps/cqvxh

·
Registered
242 Posts
damn! gonna beef up that area big time, im liking the height

and i didnt even know they were building a waterpark place 3 when is this going to start?

·
Large Member
1,127 Posts
With all these lots going, the demand for space near the core is going to get very tight. After a little financial "adjustment" which I think will take place in the next couple of years, and Toronto booms even more in the second half of this decade, I see supertalls becoming the only option for any remaining plots of size. I also see 70s and 80s low/mid rise office blocks being torn down. The expense of this again will lead to only supertalls being viable.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What's going in beside the Star building?
The vast parking lots behind the Star building have been split off from the rest of the property. They've either been sold off already or the property split is in anticipation of their sale.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Mathew at BuzzBuzzHome has heard that Harbour60 will not be renewing it's lease and will shutdown, which may possibly mean there is some sort of movement on site. The rumour suggests that the new lease is far too expensive and so Harbour60 will jump ship and potentially find a new location.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts