Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
.... raises eyebrows?

WHO'S eybrows? That's how we roll in Texas. :lol:

Seriously, it will hold more than just Eagle football. It will host several playoff games. Maybe even UT-Dallas if they ever decide to invest in a football program.

·
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
55,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
.... raises eyebrows?

WHO'S eybrows? That's how we roll in Texas. :lol:

Seriously, it will hold more than just Eagle football. It will host several playoff games. Maybe even UT-Dallas if they ever decide to invest in a football program.
My own city is building a $50 million public schools stadium and no one in NYC or Washington is freaking out about that...

·
Oh No He Didn't
5,297 Posts
Seems like a huge waste of money to me, but as long as the school's individual "football" program is funding it with no other contributions (such as taking money meant for education/teachers/building maintence, etc and spending it on new stadiums) then I don't have a problem with it.

·
seasonings greets
135 Posts
Ok so the new stadium opens to the public for the first time Thursday at 6:30. The kick off pep rally starts at 7:30 and blah, blah, blah, back to school._. This thread is so dead I can say whatever I'd like and nobody will notice. Either that, or I'm speaking to deaf ears because nobody gives a crap about Allen.

·
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
55,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Jesus! Where do they get this funding?? :eek:

Hope the academics aren't crap
Well, Allen TX is a fast-growing, affluent suburb of Dallas NE of Plano so they probably have a gusher of property tax revs to pay for all this stuff. Check out the high school campus:

It practically IS a college campus!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts