1 - 20 of 264 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Height: 543 ft
Floor count: 48
Construction end: 2009
Architect: Pappageorge/Haymes, Ltd.
Developer: Sandz Development Company, Inc.

Website

BY BILL CUNNIFF Real Estate Reporter Advertisement

A decorated model is open at 600 N. Lake Shore Drive, a 400-unit condominium development in Streeterville.

Base prices range from $379,000 to $1.73 million. Five floor plans are sized from 1,032 to 2,552 square feet. Units have 1 to 3 bedrooms and 1-1/2 to 3-1/2 baths.

"All condos will have views of the lake," said Alan D. Lev, president of Belgravia Group, co-developer along with Sandz Development Co. "We came up with a two-building concept, with both set back from Lake Shore Drive -- to reduce late afternoon shadows on Ohio Street Beach. The two buildings will have almost 60 feet of space between them. That's about the width of a city street.

"The space between the buildings and the setback will help preserve views for other buildings in the area, including 530 N. Lake Shore Drive, which we also developed," he said. The north building will be 40 floors, and the south building will be 46 stories.

"The lakefront views will be even more dramatic from the balconies included in every unit," he said.

Plans also call for a landscaped sculpture garden.

"A prestigious address like 600 N. Lake Shore Drive calls for special features -- like a rooftop garden," said David (Buzz) Ruttenberg, Belgravia chairman and chief executive officer.

The north building will have 31 residential floors above a private, nine-story parking facility. Construction is scheduled to begin in the summer.

Construction on the south building is scheduled to start in mid-2007. Floor plans for the south building are being designed. The architectural firm is Pappageorge/Haymes.

"The market is quickly embracing 600 N. Lake Shore Drive -- with more than $50 million in sales already," Ruttenberg said.

Monthly assessments are estimated to range from $410 to $770. Garage parking is $39,000 to $55,000. "However, with Navy Pier, Ohio Street Beach and countless Streeterville and North Michigan Avenue stores and restaurants within walking distance, many buyers will find they don't need a car," he said.

The 2,150-square-foot model has 3 bedrooms and 2-1/2 baths. Complimentary valet parking is available at the W Hotel, one block north.

Initial occupancy is scheduled for the summer of 2007.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I found this rendeering somewhere, but i forgot where exactly. I can't tell you how happy i am that they didn't end up chosing this design it is abosolutly awful. I doesn't blend into the sight well the same way the current design does and I prefer the two tower concept way more.

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
ThirdCoast312 said:
I found this rendeering somewhere, but i forgot where exactly. I can't tell you how happy i am that they didn't end up chosing this design it is abosolutly awful. I doesn't blend into the sight well the same way the current design does and I prefer the two tower concept way more.

Yeah, I agree. Can anyone post a more current rendering for the 600 N. LSD project?

·
The City
5,935 Posts
ChicagoLover said:
The women working there you mean? Well that would fit the Virginia Beach imagery as well. I think I saw the most beautiful woman I have ever seen at Virginia Beach. What that has to do with skyscrapers I'm not sure.
^I've been to Virginia beach. Are you kidding me? There are some cute girls there, but hardly the level of the most beautiful.

Anyway, back to skyscrapers..

·
Registered
5,223 Posts

·
Formerly InTheLoop
485 Posts
I have been salivating over this project for the past year or so. To hell with those who think they need sun on the Ohio Beach for an extra hour per day. These beauties are totally worth it. (if only I could actually afford one...)

·
Registered
879 Posts
Did you know that once there was a proposed 90-story tall office/hotel/condo bldg few years ago? It got killed by evil, despicable NIMBYs when they object overcast shadow over the beach (not really a beach but more like a concrete beach). So we got two-towered project.
Still, NIMBYs whined. :devil:

Anyway, glad this project is moving forward.

·
Chicago's #1 Fan
2,334 Posts
Chi_Coruscant said:
Did you know that once there was a proposed 90-story tall office/hotel/condo bldg few years ago? It got killed by evil, despicable NIMBYs when they object overcast shadow over the beach (not really a beach but more like a concrete beach). So we got two-towered project.
Still, NIMBYs whined. :devil:

Anyway, glad this project is moving forward.
I've heard though from several different people that the 90-story proposal was crap and just plain ugly, so I'm glad that it didn't get built. I've never seen any rendering of it.

1 - 20 of 264 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.