Banned
3,731 Posts
^^ its some anti bomb crap... idiotic

But anyway I like this tower, probably one of my favorite in NYC
I like how they made the 7 on the base.

·
Registered
451 Posts
considering what happened in that area the anti-bomb clading makes some sense....i'd expect all of the new construction on the WTC site to feature it.

·
What'u smokin' Willis?
2,097 Posts
The base isn't anti-bomb, it's a covering over the electrical substation that occupies the first 10 floors.

·
Registered
7,536 Posts
I actually got to go inside the new 7 WTC for a hearing on Thursday, though I had no clue how to use that new elevator control but I wasn't alone on that.

·
Banned
3,731 Posts
STR said:
The base isn't anti-bomb, it's a covering over the electrical substation that occupies the first 10 floors.
Um No, its made to be somewhat stronger then the other towers so in case of attacks it can resist anything....

·
What'u smokin' Willis?
2,097 Posts
You're wrong. It's a substation. They built it stronger because transformers are gigantic and they had to build the tower over them. Essentially the office portion is cantilevered over the station.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
STR said:
You're wrong. It's a substation. They built it stronger because transformers are gigantic and they had to build the tower over them. Essentially the office portion is cantilevered over the station.
That's right. That substation is set to power the entire Downtown.

·
Registered
455 Posts

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Classy.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts