SkyscraperCity Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oslo has never been known for revolutionary architecture or stunning high-rises. This is now going to change forever! "Prinsessetårnet" (The Tower of the Princess) will have 75-stories of apartments, and will be located in the former harbor area of Bjørvika.

The building is supposed to revolutionize the way skyscrapers are built, as it relies on a completely new module-based design where the most labor intensive parts of the construction process can be completed abroad.

I have managed to get hold of a preliminary rendering, but I am not really sure if I like the design... The lower part of the building will look different than on this rendering though; the city council will probably allow them to have a fitness- and shoppingcenter there. They have also made plans for other alternatives.

·
mostly at Talo and SSP
595 Posts
I get it. They bought two unused Saturn V rockets from NASA and will erect them upon each other. Coolness. How will it look in the skyline? Any renders? ;D

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
More good news:

The same company that plans to build the Tower of the Princess will also build a conventional 60-story office building. This building will be located on an artificial island close to the commercial area Aker Brygge. Small ferries will take care of the transportation between the building and the mainland, and it is believed that this will reinforce Norway's image as a maritime superpower.

·
Born to run
1,683 Posts
Oberleutnant said:
I get it. They bought two unused Saturn V rockets from NASA and will erect them upon each other. Coolness. How will it look in the skyline? Any renders? ;D
The only skyline render that has been released so far, is this. They must have been in a hurry when they made it:D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.