SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 1320 Posts

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Since they released the renderings I am just going to say that this building is 344' to the roofline and 366' tall to the top of the penthouse. I just didn't want to be too obvious until renderings were made public. I am not sure if you want to put that height in the title of this thread or not, but I am positive that is the height...

·
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm curious as to why they left that corner lot of Wells and VanBuren surface parking. I guess it leaves me wondering if they have future plans for that site as well.

·
born again cyclist
3,659 Posts
YAY! new tower! :banana:

the design looks ok, average, nothing spectacular.

SCB is a chicago firm known for their (mostly) mediocre residential highrises, but every now and then they design something special. i don't think this is one of those special projects, but at 366' the height will certainly be welcome to bulk up the skyline.

Reactions: VVisconsin08

·
Hi
1,378 Posts
Design is nothing special like others stated. But the height will definitely be nice, and the design won't actually look that bad.

This building basically doubles as the parking garage for the new office tower, right?

With the Couture and possibly JCI, should be interesting to look at Milwaukee in 5 years. It will look way different than it has for basically the past 50.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Darn! I was hoping it would reach the 400' mark and a better design.
But hey, I'm not complaining! The height is decent and it looks very nice :)
Milwaukee Rising Baby :dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2:

·
Crankbaiter
871 Posts
Not too excited by concept. Looks stubby sitting on the 8 floor slab. Design is very uninspiring. Let's take another crack at it boys. How about 40 floors and tighten up the base a bit.

It just occurred to me that it looks like a dorm. I'm thinking original Ogg Hall

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Not too excited by concept. Looks stubby sitting on the 8 floor slab. Design is very uninspiring. Let's take another crack at it boys. How about 40 floors and tighten up the base a bit.

It just occurred to me that it looks like a dorm. I'm thinking original Ogg Hall
To be frank we're lucky we got 33 stories. When they first announced it I was thinking 10 stories would be high but the company wanted to make a statement, make money out of this development and likely wanted to give a big middle finger to the county board. So don't expect any changes or for it to increase in size.

·
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Whiskey Bar is the undetailed white building on the block just north of this next to the surface lot. That's the only building NM doesn't own on that block.
NML owns that surface lot site too correct? I'm still wondering why the didn't fill out the site. It sounds like their real estate investment firm is pretty large though so if things continue the way they are downtown I can't imagine they wouldn't develop that site at some point in the future. A taller thinner tower could hold it's own rather nicely there. At this point I really hope that Carroll Properties can find a way to make their tower work still. That would be two towers going up right down the block from one another.

·
Crankbaiter
871 Posts
To be frank we're lucky we got 33 stories. When they first announced it I was thinking 10 stories would be high but the company wanted to make a statement, make money out of this development and likely wanted to give a big middle finger to the county board. So don't expect any changes or for it to increase in size.
What I'm suggesting would increase the unit count from 360 to 460, only 100 units more. There are 100's of units being constructed annually downtown. I'd expect a fair bit of competition for these units by NWM employees.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
NML owns that surface lot site too correct? I'm still wondering why the didn't fill out the site. It sounds like their real estate investment firm is pretty large though so if things continue the way they are downtown I can't imagine they wouldn't develop that site at some point in the future. A taller thinner tower could hold it's own rather nicely there. At this point I really hope that Carroll Properties can find a way to make their tower work still. That would be two towers going up right down the block from one another.
Yes, NM also owns that lot. They tore down a brutalist monstrosity (pictured below) last year. As for why they didn't build there, I have no idea.

1 - 20 of 1320 Posts