SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
38,502 Posts
How close can towers be to one another. I read 25m but down at the 3 tower Harbour Plaza development surely the west condo tower and office tower are much closer than that? The reason I ask is the Gerrard proposal directly north of here would be quite close to this tower and very close to any tower proposed next door on Yonge.

·
Registered
536 Posts
It's a stunner, I see lots of negative comments on Urban Toronto and I do not understand why!? This is gorgeous, sleek & sexy! And we need more rentals in the core!!!!

·
38,502 Posts
UT is often closed mindedness re-packaged as 'we're just following protocol'. If it doesn't tick off their boxes it's just not allowed. It stifles creativity and 'rot' sets in when you're in that environment long term.

·
38,502 Posts
For me it's the proportions (height vs floor plate) that sets it apart. The architecture itself does little for me. Maybe the oscillation will be what elevates the overall design.

·
Registered
9,681 Posts
UT is often closed mindedness re-packaged as 'we're just following protocol'. If it doesn't tick off their boxes it's just not allowed. It stifles creativity and 'rot' sets in when you're in that environment long term.

UT used to be fun and open to more varied opinions. It's more of a business now then it used to be. They seem to love to bash a lot of proposals but the second a proposal goes into sales they treat it like it's some sort of masterpiece to appease their advertisers. It's more of real estate page now then anything else.

You now get statements like this about ugly projects: "At 45, 38, and 35 storeys, Tridel's Islington Terrace community is introducing a bold influx of density to Toronto's Bloor and Islington area."

Anyway, count me as another that likes this design for it's simplicity and scale.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Like it, hardly see this type of long and skinny building in the city.

How come the sidewalk are really wide in the 3 picture

What are they gonna with the Chelsea hotel? what kind of project?

·
38,502 Posts
^^ They basically re-imagined Yonge Street, erased buildings from existence, and created an idealized version of the area and call it marketing. Are they insinuating that they'll plant mature trees 2 blocks away on Yonge Street? I think not. I call it a lie but 'artistic license' is the preferred description.

The sidewalks aren't anywhere that wide, neither is the road.

UT used to be fun and open to more varied opinions. It's more of a business now then it used to be. They seem to love to bash a lot of proposals but the second a proposal goes into sales they treat it like it's some sort of masterpiece to appease their advertisers. It's more of real estate page now then anything else.

You now get statements like this about ugly projects: "At 45, 38, and 35 storeys, Tridel's Islington Terrace community is introducing a bold influx of density to Toronto's Bloor and Islington area."

Anyway, count me as another that likes this design for it's simplicity and scale.
I noticed the same thing. They seem to be an arm of the Toronto development industry. It almost feels like they're being paid under the table to heap praise on these buildings. Maybe they are? :dunno:

·
38,502 Posts
I do go there for information but they're too close to the industry to offer objective neutral analysis.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts