SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
22,332 Posts
I like it the form. The building characterizes the corner of the streets.

·
Registered
8,494 Posts
Update 9/9/12

This one is turning into a real gem.......

8 Mahuhu Crescent by craigsydnz, on Flickr

8 Mahuhu Crescent by craigsydnz, on Flickr​

·
Aucklander
897 Posts
A building with an aura of quality, with interesting design features and a generally coherent design, and no fins. :banana:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Went for a walk in this area with a mate - not really convinced with regards to some of the exterior building materials however what is good is that we are seeing more and more high quality building taking place in AKL and that weather we personallylikea particular project or not there is architectural merit to the work. Each new building these days seems to add to our fair city!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I love it, it is definitely a break from the usual boring boxes that are so prevalent in the city and I have been told that fins are here to stay - it will apparently become more prevalent :) At least in this case the fins are coloured glass :cheers:

·
Planner
179 Posts
I am happy that it isn't just a boring box.

However, the design is still not very good. The blue fins will date so quickly, the faux stone is nasty and the metal cladding looks cheap. Why are those bits jutting out a strange angles? This building has no frame of reference, no relationship to anything. It's an ugly glassy box of early 2000s pedigree.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Why are those bits jutting out a strange angles? This building has no frame of reference, no relationship to anything. It's an ugly glassy box of early 2000s pedigree.
These are the things that excite me and I find it more interesting. I have never been one for symmetry and conservative design but as they say - you can't win them all and variety is the spice of life :cheers:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts