Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
23,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a few days back leaked this one out on the Rivertown thread. However since its underway, best to have its own space.

Its a 3 phase project by Propertuity and designworkshop:sa architects.

Phase 1 is the Morning Trade market opening in the existing warehouse space that will run every Sunday 8-2pm. To be run by Anna Savage who also runs I heart Market.

Phase 2 is creation on a mezzanine floor of offices

Phase 3 is a new build tower on site to house apartments and a hotel

As it looks now

And initial only render released before the main release on 1st August

·
Registered
8,585 Posts
Very good to see this type of development for this precinct, which is exactly what that part of the downtown needs! I like that the CBD will be getting a brand new 17 floor tower. Not tall, but better than nothing! :)

·
BOFH Extraordinaire
3,891 Posts
Be interesting to see what the Market has lined up..

I'm sick and tired of all the other Markets in DBN these days, they're the same crap from the same people and very little of it is anything other than mass market rubbish these days.

Even Shongweni Farmers Market has become rubbish which is disappointing as I used to get a lot of my fresh produce from there.

·
Registered
8,585 Posts
Be interesting to see what the Market has lined up..

I'm sick and tired of all the other Markets in DBN these days, they're the same crap from the same people and very little of it is anything other than mass market rubbish these days.

Even Shongweni Farmers Market has become rubbish which is disappointing as I used to get a lot of my fresh produce from there.
Try the fresh produce store, next to Shongweni Market, at the Mushroom Farm, opposite Hillcrest Private Hospital. Almost everything is from local farmers and good quality (including fresh milk). The 5/6 stores at the Mushroom Farm are amongst Durban's best kept secret (including a coffee shop, whose owner is a previous Durban barrista champion). :)

·
BOFH Extraordinaire
3,891 Posts
Must give that a try then....

I know the place exists, but I generally don't go up there very often anymore since the Farmers Market has become so rubbish.

·
Registered
8,585 Posts
I drove past this site yesterday. Looks like the site is being prepared for major construction! If so, the tower may be going up sooner than we anticipated!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts