SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
T-Stays
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, sorry if this has been posted already maybe but i don't think it has, thought i'd post it here seeing as it's really amazing, enjoy :)

http://www.360cities.net/london-photo-en.html

Quick example of some crazy zooming in you can do, note how distant Canary Wharf is in the first shot and then how detailed it still is after i've zoomed in:

·
Administrator
34,851 Posts
yeah. you'd be amazed at the detail you can do with modern cameras. this shows that off perfectly, really good example. i have a canvas on my wall of the gherkin shot from elephant and castle, it's a small part of a panorama and in front of the gherkin you can see the monument with the individual people standing on it. it's supremely annoying you can pretty much only post large images shrunk down to say 700 pixels in height when they are many thousands tall and tens of thousands wide.

·
T-Stays
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Apparently it's also a world record shot, as written on that website, not sure if that's a fact though, cool nonetheless :)

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Oh shit, I'm about to go up the pub...

I may be a little bit delayed, lol!

Also, it's by a guy called Jeff - don't want to stir trouble but just curious as to know why gegloma didn't post it first.

·
Virtual Architect
2,532 Posts
Heathrows pretty clear, Windsor castle also obvious landmark on the horizon, but invisble to the naked eye without zooming right in...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts