SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
During the meet Sydneysider OzFrog asked if anyone had pictures of Melbourne Central U/C.
Anyway I found enough photos of melbourne back then to make a thread. I think some current forumers might have taken some of the photos. Good onya!

Melbournre central, F$%k thats a big core.

Collins st

How weird does 101 look without the spire? We'll think the same about eureka eventually.

There we go.

Brand new 101 and 120 uc.

Holy 120c!

Bourke place

Base of ASX and Bourke place.

Telstra

Anz's new hq

·
Australian EU in London!
924 Posts
Dan this is f**kin unreal. Thanks heaps for posting these! 101 does look totally bizarre without its spire. Imagine if it had been left just at that (without the spire).

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ciaobellaxo said:
Imagine what MC would've looked like double it's current 'stubby' self!!
I've often wondered if it could be extended. I mean check out the size of the core box at 200m, most core boxes are nowhere *near* that size at the top of the building. Perhaps they left the core big so they could add on the extra 100m at a later date?
Well I can dream.

·
Banned
64 Posts
uewepuep said:
I've often wondered if it could be extended. I mean check out the size of the core box at 200m, most core boxes are nowhere *near* that size at the top of the building. Perhaps they left the core big so they could add on the extra 100m at a later date?
Well I can dream.
Well it was ment to 88 floors we can all dream that one day maybe ?????

·
Registered
80,237 Posts
amazingly the "90's" boom was over by 1992. with exception of ANZWHQ 1993.
with all the big bitches going up, melb then paid the price for next decade with virtually no construction.

heres a pic from 1992 with all bldgs complete except Southgate

Bourke place actually completed in 1990.

great nastalga guys

·
Australian EU in London!
924 Posts
CULWULLA said:
Woah.... Jolimont is *huge* in that pic! Compared to what I travelled through when I was down there, that's just massive. How the heck did they manage to pull off the rationalisation? That must have been tough!

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Reading through some old posts, unfortunately the pictures don't seem to be saved. Is there anyway to search them up again?

A lot of them might be on image hosting sites that either don't exist any more or have gone $$ and so ppl have stopped using them.

That said, if you right-click and Show Source, you can look through the code to find each image reference and see if any are still floating around - maybe grab the file name and google it?

----edit

Well, I tried one myself and looky here!

----- another edit: might as well do the rest. I could only salvage the ones from uewepuep's initial post

·
Registered
16 Posts
Deebs, you're a legend!!

A lot of them might be on image hosting sites that either don't exist any more or have gone $$ and so ppl have stopped using them.

That said, if you right-click and Show Source, you can look through the code to find each image reference and see if any are still floating around - maybe grab the file name and google it?

----edit

Well, I tried one myself and looky here!

View attachment 2878962

----- another edit: might as well do the rest. I could only salvage the ones from uewepuep's initial post

View attachment 2879902

View attachment 2879903

View attachment 2879905

View attachment 2879906

View attachment 2879907

View attachment 2879908

View attachment 2879909

View attachment 2879910

View attachment 2879911

View attachment 2879912

View attachment 2879913

View attachment 2879914

View attachment 2879915

·
Premium Member
1,161 Posts
Oh yes, please do Coroman,

Deebs, thanks so much, I remember everyone of these beauties going up!

I loved the fact that 120 Collins lift well was almost topped out before the first 5 floors were finished! blew my mind then!

This was everything about my late 20's

What a buzz!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.