Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
During the meet Sydneysider OzFrog asked if anyone had pictures of Melbourne Central U/C.
Anyway I found enough photos of melbourne back then to make a thread. I think some current forumers might have taken some of the photos. Good onya!

Melbournre central, F$%k thats a big core.

Collins st

How weird does 101 look without the spire? We'll think the same about eureka eventually.

There we go.

Brand new 101 and 120 uc.

Holy 120c!

Bourke place

Base of ASX and Bourke place.

Telstra

Anz's new hq

·
Lord Melbourne
4,258 Posts

i worked in the building ontop of the car park for work Exp :p got a good veiw of 120c

good thread, anyone elese got more pictures?

·
Australian EU in London!
908 Posts
Dan this is f**kin unreal. Thanks heaps for posting these! 101 does look totally bizarre without its spire. Imagine if it had been left just at that (without the spire).

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ciaobellaxo said:
Imagine what MC would've looked like double it's current 'stubby' self!!
I've often wondered if it could be extended. I mean check out the size of the core box at 200m, most core boxes are nowhere *near* that size at the top of the building. Perhaps they left the core big so they could add on the extra 100m at a later date?
Well I can dream.

·
Banned
64 Posts
uewepuep said:
I've often wondered if it could be extended. I mean check out the size of the core box at 200m, most core boxes are nowhere *near* that size at the top of the building. Perhaps they left the core big so they could add on the extra 100m at a later date?
Well I can dream.
Well it was ment to 88 floors we can all dream that one day maybe ?????

·
Registered
557 Posts
Yeah, impressive stuff.

I remember only too well taking 13 out of the 15 photos in the original post ;)

Cheers,

Adam

·
Registered
77,348 Posts
amazingly the "90's" boom was over by 1992. with exception of ANZWHQ 1993.
with all the big bitches going up, melb then paid the price for next decade with virtually no construction.

heres a pic from 1992 with all bldgs complete except Southgate

Bourke place actually completed in 1990.

great nastalga guys

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
oh jolimont, such a space that has been transformed into such a space of ..................................................nothing

·
Australian EU in London!
908 Posts
CULWULLA said:
Woah.... Jolimont is *huge* in that pic! Compared to what I travelled through when I was down there, that's just massive. How the heck did they manage to pull off the rationalisation? That must have been tough!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts