Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 428 Posts

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
its called the nejmeh square skyline, it's where usually u find bunch of cafe's, restaurants and all the brand names such as Gucci, Guess, Armani....

·
4,373 Posts
Skyline-BRN said:
woowww loooks amazing!! I love all those outdoor cafees....Also whats street with the clock is it like the main highstreet?

Thats the center of downtown, in "Nijmeh Square" or Parliament Square, its only for pedestrians now, no cars. It is the heart of Beirut.

·
Registered
245 Posts
i love nijmeh square. especially in the summer. me, my husband, and my son go and sit at a cafe and eat some snaks, and my son usually rollerblades around the clock. we will sit there for hours. familys are there....young people, beiruti's, and tourists..its really nice....and the best crepaway in lebanon is near there.(the best time to go is at night in the summer...its the best way to get some fresh air and enjoy friends or family

·
Banned
6,813 Posts
Beirut is just fantastic! It looks like a nice suspension of cultures, religions and building styles, I love it!:cheers:

·
Registered
245 Posts
diversity

Dr. Dubai said:
Beirut is just fantastic! It looks like a nice suspension of cultures, religions and building styles, I love it!:cheers:

yeah you will see much diversity in lebanon...like in the sqaure..u will see 2 women next to each other..1 will be dressed very revealing..and standing next to her will be a woman veiled head to toe(a visitor from the gulf) but to see that is so beautifull to me. i mean where else in the world will you see that?

·
Registered
245 Posts
only in beirut

Nadini said:
yeah I think what Lebaneseangel is referring to is this -->

Hehe Beirut, how special
yes ..thats what im talking about! ok so no one get offended please. but i have yet to see how one of them eat. my husband gets mad when i stare, he told me that they keep the veil on and put the food underneath(i dont know if this is true bcz i havent seen it yet)...but this summer i will will definatly find out. i completly respect these women for there belife in conservativness...but i still want to see:)

·
4,373 Posts
lebaneseangel said:
yes ..thats what im talking about! ok so no one get offended please. but i have yet to see how one of them eat. my husband gets mad when i stare, he told me that they keep the veil on and put the food underneath(i dont know if this is true bcz i havent seen it yet)...but this summer i will will definatly find out. i completly respect these women for there belife in conservativness...but i still want to see:)
I respect them too, but what bothers me is how when Westerners visit Beirut they just assume that these people are also Lebanese (because there are so many of them) when in fact they are just khaleeji tourists. Also, they just assume that if they look like that they are the Muslim Lebanese and if they look like the girl on the right they are Christian Lebanese...when in reality most Muslim and Christian Lebanese look like the woman on the right...make ant sense?

·
Registered
575 Posts
yea Beirut makes perfect... but whats worse for those "westerners" is the khaleeji guys that come down and assume every girl is loose and they make VERY rude comments and ... well u know the rest... dont even get me started on the 11-12 year old girls that they walk around with!!! im not saying all khaleeje guys do that, but enough of them do!!!

1 - 20 of 428 Posts