SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was taking a walk yesterday morning from Richmond Station to the Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne, I was struck by what a beautiful morning it was! Perhaps you will agree, that these photos show Melbourne in its best light? Here are the highlights from my walk, taken at about 8.30am...

Looks like uewepuep and I may have crossed paths!

Marvellous Melbourne across the Yarra River

The glistening waters of the Yarra

The Morell (Anderson Street) Bridge, built 1898

A lamppost on the Morell Bridge

Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne - the best botanic garden in the world! See what a beautiful morning it was?

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
great pics and everything looks so tranquil. I've always loved the Morrell Bridge but i did always think it was built in 1899??

What needs to be done now is nuke the ugly silos on punt rd so the vista looking east from the bridge is as magic as the westward view.

btw i agree with you about the Bot. ive never really been a big nature lover but walking around there amongst some of the 150 year old 70ft morten bay figs and the lakes and feeding the ducks is just awesome.

any chance of re-posting the pics a bit bigger in size???

Cheers

Dean - Melbourne

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have re-uploaded them in a larger format, enjoy! :)

(I usually keep them smaller just because I remember what it was like to use a dial-up modem)!

As for the Silos, Dean, I almost agree (but would really miss the Nylex Clock). Anyway, here's another pic I took that day looking east up the Yarra. I purposefully cut the silos and South Eastern overpass out of the composition so the view looks almost as tranquil as the western side of the Morell bridge.

Also, the Morell bridge was built between 1898-9!

·
Herr
613 Posts
Beautiful!

I'm just wondering...... Can you swim in the Yarra River, in the middle of the CBD?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts