1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

the Linné garden

poor bird

the house where Carl Linné used to live in, around 300 years ago

60s houses

the river is very dirty right now in the spring

13th century house

119 meters above the ground, our old cathedral is like the 4th or 5th tallest building in Sweden/Scandinavia.

southern entrance

the castle and Carolina rediviva

·
Banned
1,422 Posts
That's indeed a very nice and cute town you live in, Ringil :eek:kay:
And sure everyone has heard of Uppsala University (even if don't know where exactly Uppsala is ;)). That's a nice tour to the town. :)

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Looks like a warm, sunny, quiet small city. The kind of place where you could take long and nice relaxing walks. The kind of place where you sit and receive rays of the summer sun while reading a book while sitting on a park bench. I like it. :cheers:

·
The Big Cheese
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like a warm, sunny, quiet small city. The kind of place where you could take long and nice relaxing walks. The kind of place where you sit and receive rays of the summer sun while reading a book while sitting on a park bench. I like it
lol, have you been here before ;)

·
Whatever
45,867 Posts
looks warm in these pictures but...I believe they have six months of really cold weather with a lot of snow and freezing temperatures. It's such a big thing when spring comes that there's even some kind of celebration. Am I right?

·
Registered
meow
6,029 Posts
Really beautiful. I used to talk to a guy who lived in Uppsala in the internet. Dunno why, but this city is quite well known outside Sweden!

The pictures are great, lovely city ;)

·
The Big Cheese
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
looks warm in these pictures but...I believe they have six months of really cold weather with a lot of snow and freezing temperatures. It's such a big thing when spring comes that there's even some kind of celebration. Am I right?
not really 6 months, it's rather 3-3.5 months of cold weather. We dont get a lot of snow either since its too dry. The winters aren't that bad, its mild enough for having palm trees in the garden;)

Yes, there is a very big festival here called Valborg(april 30)At 10:00 its karnival etc and at 15:00 you got out to Carolina, and then the head master comes and wave his student hat, and everybody do the same, and after that people start runing down the queens street to the university nations where everybody start drinking champange, but you have to be quick down the hill,
After that everybody just goes berserk and start drinking, :cheers:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts