Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
SoCal Hal
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A day around Mobile, Alabama in photos....

I spent this weekend in Mobile visiting a friend and seeing the sites. Here are some shots from this trip.

Cathedral Square

Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception

Where I had lunch on Saturday "Spot of Tea". Wonderful food!!

Police Museum

Columns from the Cathedral

Inside the Cathedral

RSA Tower and the Riverview

Mobile Government Plaza

Mobile skyline from Fort Conde

Mobile Civic Center

Entrance to the Wallace Tunnel

Inside the Museum of Mobile

Inside the Museum of Mobile "building the Bankhead Tunnel"

How about this sub??

Mobile from Fairhope Pier

Fairhope Pier Fountain

A pelican hanging out on the bay

A pelican flying directly over the pier

Birdhouses on the bay

History of the pier

Another shot of the fountain

Downtown skyline from Battleship Park

USS Alabama

·
SoCal Hal
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is. The RSA Tower was built as part of the connection with the renovated Renaissance Battle House Hotel. The Riverview now has the Renaissance name brand as well. That's why the matching spire.

·
The Secret Word Is:
387 Posts
I would also like to know how much of a difference the new spire made? I like the new RSA Tower at night, but you need a video camera or use a video feature on your digital camera, to accurately show this tower in a night view. It will change colors at night. It is a fun light show.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Not bad the city does need more infill and the RSA mini me was built in 86 it is not a 30 year old builing nor does it look like that old even before the exterior renovations. The best views of the sky line is when approaching the Wallace tunnel but could be to dangerous to capture. The old Spanish Fort Conde Village ( Mobile`s oldest Neighborehood over 300 years old sits right on top of Wallace tunnel) I- 165 south ,and the Africa Town Cochrane bridge all have great dense skyline views. Would make awsome shots!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts