SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
SoCal Hal
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I formerly lived in the area about 30 years ago. I was pretty thrilled when came back to see the square like it is today. I barely remember, however, because I lived here with my mom when I was 3 or 4. But it is quite nice. Plus I work in Kennesaw.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I dated a girl for almost 4 years back in college whose parents relocated to Marietta from Monroe, LA. I loved going over to visit them mostly because it meant we got to hang out around Marietta and Cobb County.

I don't really miss her, but I do miss traveling to that part of the country.

·
SoCal Hal
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dated a girl for almost 4 years back in college whose parents relocated to Marietta from Monroe, LA. I loved going over to visit them mostly because it meant we got to hang out around Marietta and Cobb County.

I don't really miss her, but I do miss traveling to that part of the country.
:lol:

·
President of Catan
2,282 Posts
All I know about Marietta is that I think the musical Parade was set there. Awesome show.
Great thread!

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
I had a roommate at OU from Marietta, and when I asked him if he was surprised by Norman, he said no because it reminds him of home in many ways. One time I was in Atlanta recently and I decided to take a trip up to Cobb County myself and see what it's like, and it wasn't even close to the cookie cutter cesspool I'd heard it made out to be. I mean, yeah, there's sprawl, but Marietta had a really nice old town. Great pics, you reminded me of that, for sure.

One thing I absolutely love about the south that you can't get anywhere else is in these areas that pre-date the utter Civil War destruction. They are so beautiful, so shady, so leafy, and elegant.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts