SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was such a nice day Thursday, and the fact I needed to take care of some business. I decided to take the camera along and get a few photos. So here they are, enjoy.

Fog, yeah it was actually a bit chilly in the morning, but man did it get warm later in the day.

This is where downtown LA's first chain supermarket in decades (Ralphs) to open next month :banana:

Part of the Colburn Music School new residental addition. I didn't even realize they had completed the structure, that was fast.

Now on to Old Town Pasadena. Since I was done taking care of business, I decided to take the Gold Line to have lunch and do some browsing at the same time.

The City of Roses

My arrival, and the lastest residental units built at as part of the train station. :tup:

One of the entrances for the condos facing Raymond Avenue at the Del Mar Station

And now back home, yep I did it all by public transportation. I took the train from Downtown Long Beach, to LA, and Pasadena Downtowns and back.Thats about 32-33 miles from my condo in LB.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice pictures.

Old Town Pasadena looks very nice, I suppose it's an expensive place to live in (?)

Thanks!

Yes Pasadena can be expensive, and there is a lot of money in the area. Although its quite different from places like Beverly Hills where its more flashy, and places like Pasadena/San Marino is more reserved.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great pics.

Downtown LA looks very quiet.
Its was still rather early, and just past morning rush hour when I arrived downtown. The part of downtown where you usually see a lot of pedestrians I didn't cover in this thread, and at the time of morning many of the retail stores had not open for the day. Also I walked around South Park where its mostly new residential condos going up, so there wouldn't be a lot of people out, unless there was game or concert going on at the Staples Center where the Lakers, Kings, and Clippers play their home games at. There are dead zones around downtown LA, but other parts, espeically in the historic core, and the Fashion District are quite busy.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Thanks!

Yes Pasadena can be expensive, and there is a lot of money in the area. Although its quite different from places like Beverly Hills where its more flashy, and places like Pasadena/San Marino is more reserved.
Thnx, the LA metro area has a lot of interesting places, keep the photos coming :cheers:

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm just bummed the first grocery downtown is a Ralphs, which I find terrible and will do anything to avoid. Horrible service, for one (there ALWAYS seems to be three only checkout lanes out of like 15 open no matter how busy, etc.) Oh well better than nothin', I suppose.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.