Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
muted
7,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was in Madison on Saturday for the first time in four years. Ideally, I would've liked to have scoured every last inch of the place. But I had very little time to take any photos. So I snapped off what I could. Here are a few. The compositions are largely careless and the quality isn't terrific, either. I wish I had more time.

Farmer's Market

The most beautiful Capitol in the country looking sort of macabre.

Memorial Library, the brutalist beast. It's also rumored to be the #1 place in America to meet your future spouse.

More Farmer's Market

Humanities Building, designed with a deliberately confusing layout that was intended to contain student riots. It's slated for demolition.

I asked this kid to hit this trick again so I could catch him w/ some air. I felt bad b/c he didn't land it.

Science Hall

I've always loved this old home on Wisconsin

This place was like an institution to me when I was in college.

Jamaicans playing beautiful music at the top of State Street.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
The way you show an eye for taking pics I got to say these pics were wonderful and I can only imagine what you'd have for us with a 24 pic or more thread.

The skateboarder pic was great! With the two girls at the lower end of the pic acting totally indifferent to the odvious skateboaders talented trick and the two guys at the other end who seem to be saying, 'cool, look at that', that's just a wonderful capture! And then that Jamaican band pic, captureing the street life of State St. perfectly. Yet that last pic of the Capital with people ascending and descending the steps was way off the top, that's how all state capitals' should look.

Did you provide the skateboader with a bandaid?...shame on you!
LOL, just kidding...

·
Savior of Gondor
1,505 Posts
Great pics. Your right about the capital it is beautiful and such an active place even when when its closed lol. Love State street. Why did the Den close?

·
muted
7,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks a lot everybody. I really appreciate your comments. Hopefully, I can get back soon and go on a more extensive photo-taking excursion. There are a million spots I want to hit.

rider of rohan - I'm not entirely sure why the Den closed. It still remains a bit of a mystery. But a good friend of mine who used to work there for a couple years mentioned that the owner felt the business had run its course. Either way, there's a giant hole to be filled on State Street.

·
Hi
1,396 Posts
That's not Memorial Library by the way, it's Helen C. White/College Library. Memorial Library is across from the State Historical Society, on the other side of the Library Mall.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts