SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Member #109
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This weekend we had an Emporis meeting in Cph and Malmö (used to do a lot of work there). Turning Torso had won the "Best new skyscraper of the year" award (big surprise, huh), and there was a ceremony. We were 10 people in all, and I spend Saturday and Sunday in Cph, and Monday in Malmö. It was a really great meeting. :)

A few of my photos (didn't take that many). Most of the buildings are probably very well known here now, after MrDenmark and DenverDane's tons of photos.

Extreme wide view inside the "Marmorkirken":

Good old City Hall. We also went up there, but the weather was kind of bad at that time:

Metro Station on Christianshavn:

Ferring and it's neighboring metro station:

Sunset view from my room, Tivolis "Golden Tower" to the left, the Bellahøj highrises in the middle, and the 120 m hospital in Herlev to the right:

The Opera House (this exact evening view is probably one of the most photographed in Cph...here it is anyway):

The extremely expensive Hotel D'angleterre at Kgs. Nytorv:

Monday and now in Malmö. I don't know this one, but it looked pretty nice:

What we all came to see:

It never ends:shocked:

Who says no to a nice dinner at the 54th floor of TT, with the people who build the tower? :D

And 2 panos, first one is from the hostel I stayed at (14th floor), through the glass. Click for a larger version:

And finally from the Church of our Savior ("Vor Frelser Kirke"), on Christianshavn. I can't belive I've never visited this one before, the view is really amazing from up there. Click again:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Amazing pictures, mlm! True, we have seen the sights before but not through your lense and in these colors! :)

By the way, the last panorama is from Church of our Savior ("Vor Frelser Kirke"), not Church of Our Lady ("Vor Frue Kirke")

·
Positivist
2,590 Posts
Brilliant photos! What else can I say :)

Love those wideangle shots!

·
Member #109
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DenverDane said:
By the way, the last panorama is from Church of our Savior ("Vor Frelser Kirke"), not Church of Our Lady ("Vor Frue Kirke")
Whoops, you are of course right, thanx for the notice:)

·
Registered
951 Posts
Vor Frue Kirke

I'd love to see some pictures from the inside of Vor Frue Kirke. It's very nice I think. I bet it was counted as avant gardist when it was built. I don't think there is any neoclassical church in Sweden as "clean" as Vor Frue Kirke. Even though there are many neoclassical ones from that time here. Often in the countryside.

·
Right Here, Right Now
2,652 Posts
Wow, so you've been up in TT now Mikael? Awesome! :D You are truly a great photographer, love your pics :)

·
Member #109
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
/\ Yeah, the ceremony was held in the conference room at the 54th floor (top floor), and the dinner was also there. We also got a great tour where we saw an apartment, the gym, the spa, the wine celler and a service apartment.

The people from HSB and Turning Torso itself were really friendly, so it was a great experince. We even got a Turning Torso silk tie each. :D

·
Resurrected User
706 Posts
Wow, really well made pics - as it's easy to except considering the photographer. ;) Copenhagen looks as attractive as always. Gotta love the overall "red brick" look.

You were using 10-20mm in those wild angle pics, right? It works perfectly, especially in interior pics. And outdoors are nicely "polarisated", blue sky is just always so lovely. :)

·
Member #109
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hehe thanx all. I used the Canon 10-22 mm for the wide angle shots, but didn't use it that much during this trip.

After request from Ringil here are a few interiour pics from TT. It was really hard getting some good ones, because it was really crowded all the time, and I didn't bring my flash. Also left the 10-22 on the 54th floor when we got the tour, so couldn't get 'em that wide.

The celler (-1 or -2, not sure which):

The wine celler. Every apartment has it own little box:

One of the the "panorama rooms". This is the one between the 2 upper cubes:

Bathroom in the apartment we saw:

Kitchen in the same place:

Finally the conference room on the 54th floor where the ceremony took place:

·
Positivist
2,590 Posts
TT looks AWESOME on the inside! :drool:

·
Member #109
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Another bunch of TTs, mostly from the outside. This is IMO one of the few highrises where photos looking directly is actually worth looking at:

Unfortunately the weather god quite bad during the ceremony, so I didn't take any photos afterwards. Would like to have gotten some more angles..

·
Banned
1,075 Posts
Amazing pics Mikael !!! Great stuff !!! CPH looks lovely as always. I love the new metro system you guys have... I'm surprised CPH didn't have a metro until recently. Helsinki & Sthlm have had one for ages.

I see Isku from Finland has designed the interiors

http://www.mikaellykmadsen.dk/skyscrapercity/cphmalmo/tt10.jpg

·
Member #109
2,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
/\ Thanx. I think that Isku sign refers to the building to the right (maybe the Messe, atleast the same building). They could of course have done some work in TT too, but the main interior designers are SAMARK Arkitektur & Design AB.

·
Expert
933 Posts
sweet! gree trees great sky crisp photos nice panos, you ROCK as a photographer!

·
Timelord victorious
2,681 Posts
designwise said:
Amazing pics Mikael !!! Great stuff !!! CPH looks lovely as always. I love the new metro system you guys have... I'm surprised CPH didn't have a metro until recently. Helsinki & Sthlm have had one for ages.

I see Isku from Finland has designed the interiors

http://www.mikaellykmadsen.dk/skyscrapercity/cphmalmo/tt10.jpg
We have had the s-train for 70 yers or so. Thats almost the same.

Anyways, what can I say. As always mlm, your pics are a delight to watch. Thanks for sharing...Loved the TT shots. Reminds me of the beanstick that goes into the sky....Though i must admid I am not a bit fan if the interier. What is up with all the wood? In a busteling steel building? It reminds me of my parrents summerhouse from the 70'ies....

Well, I guess that all a matter of taste....And you still cant beat the view from outside... :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
incredible
love the pnaoramas and the pic with bellahoj in the backround

1 - 20 of 31 Posts