Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i got out for the first time this year to get some Inner Harbor Pics. though it was Beautifull all day, as soon as i got out there, the sun dissapeared in a overcast. For the Gritty Inner Harber pics go here: The New Destiny Forum Where i will post pics from time to time

But here are the rest:

The Back Side of Carousel

The relativly new Transportation Center

Allience Bank Stadium

I will Definatly be taking some of these pics over again on a sunny day but these are not too shabby.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh and please feel free to stop by the new Destiny forum, its not all about destiny and i will be posting more pics there in the future.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Syracuse, like Buffalo needs to fix the harbor issues...I never realized Syracuse let theirs get so bad, if they are not manufacturing out of one of those factories...knock them down...or convert them, but do something.

there is no demand for lakefront condo properties here?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Crappy Area+Dirty ass harbor= Not to many people wanna live there. That is why i like destiny, it will clean up the whole harbor.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
All I have to say is that if the waterfront has that much potential to house something like Destiny, then maybe it would be better if the city and county clean it up anyways...waiting for a project to do this is wrong, if it's dirty clean it...you know?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Cuse Harbor

Is Cuse big enough to take on a project like this? Do the local businesses have the money, and is there a demand for that in Cuse? It doesn't seem like the city is big enough to support the scale that's needed. Other big cities have done so like NY, Philly, Baltimore, and DC.

The difference in those cities is the size of them, monies from tons of private investors, and locations. Plus, those cities have synergy between each other. The feed each other, and outlying areas with their populations alone. Not to mention the number of institutions and attractions in those cities.

I'm from NJ, and trust me, most of what's here is runoff from NY. The outlying area of Cuse is not big enough to have people just visit the town for a day in my opinion.

·
Banned
160 Posts
I have to be honest here and say that I had no idea that Syracuse was up and building the kind of projects they're now into. That stadium is absolutely beautiful!

Go 'Cuse!

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
to me it seems that Syracuse might have the best hope if it where it build on the waterfront of both the lake and the harbor, not sure how close the harbor actually is to downtown in blocks or actual feet or miles...but damn they gotta start using that land for something more than a park

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Clark, Awesome pics! What a difference a beautifull day makes.

The Inner Harbor is actually very close to downtown. Basicly it goes Downtown, Franklin Sq., Inner Harbor, Lakefront.

And i Feel Once Destiny starts major contruction, the buzz created by it will be a enormous boost for Syracuse. Construction has to start very soon or they will lose out on the County and City PILOT. Pyramid couldnt afford to do that so it would be extremly stupid of them not to start soon.

Molo, The Company behind Destiny is Pyramid. They are a very powerfull company in terms of building malls( Think Syracuse's Version of wegmans only for shopping malls). They just got a 700 mil. Loan from a german bank but they are also going to sell bonds to pay for this. Pyramid has also mentioned in the past that some very big name Companies are very Interested in Destiny such as Siemens, ADT, Microsoft, and a few others. This will be very interesting to watch this evolve, hopefully it works out for syracuse.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Pyramid own the Cheektowaga Walden Galleria mall, Buffalo's metro beast for shopping, and they are gonna invest another 50mil to it, just announced.

I have been referred to sites about DestiNY, but I want to really look at the financial points, and the impact studies before I can judge for myself the overall sense of this project...anyone have any links or documents?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
ok, I think it might be a good idea to just make it very known that this is just a 60% increase on the carousel mall, yes with many other "things" but in the last 3 years, I have heard that this project is everything but just that...?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts