Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 370 Posts

·
The Legend
13,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyway lads, I was thinking about creating a Newcastle meet up thread. Many other Sub-Forums have these, and as stickies, but they don't seem to be full of life, only doing so onve or twice a year. So I thought it would be wise for us to just use this thread for that purpose aswell. I don't think it's worth creating a thread that will only gain 50 posts a year.

·
The Legend
13,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just thinking, maybe it's time we had our first SSC meet up. I mean now that our Sub-Forum is up and running, things seem to be happening a little faster in terms of developement, I just feel we could have alot to discuss, and it would be great to put faces to the names.

Anyone be up for it?

·
Super Moderator
22,802 Posts
Just thinking, maybe it's time we had our first SSC meet up. I mean now that our Sub-Forum is up and running, things seem to be happening a little faster in terms of developement, I just feel we could have alot to discuss, and it would be great to put faces to the names.

Anyone be up for it?
Well, if anyone wants to put a face to my name, . . . do you remember that Dan NUFC found this excellent 'City Council Website' of photos, and posted it on October 18th on the Historic Newcastle Photos thread? (See below)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/newcastlecitycouncil/

Just stumbled upon that, absolutely loads of photo's on there.
Well, I was VERY surprised looking through it the other day, to find a photo of ME (Photo number 028761 in the City Council collection) RIGHT HERE . .

http://www.flickr.com/photos/newcastlelibraries/4079274855/sizes/o/

That's me on the far left!!! (so there you are!)

·
The Legend
13,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd be up for a meet-up... Why not.
Ok, lets state possible dates, and see which one more people will be willing to go too.

I'm on holiday on a week on Saturday, for two weeks (I'll try my best to get on SSC though) so won't be able to make one between 7th-23rd of November. However I don't think it's right to just say tomorrow, it's a bit short notice.

Venues?, somewhere quiet, cheap, so no bars like Centurien (best guess at spelling) where it costs a fortune for a drink. So open spaces, pubs, anywhere were you can sit, chat etc, I'm fairly open to where, so long as I say it's not sky high for if you need a drink or something. City Centre location preferred so it's easier for people to get to.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
240 Posts
It is on Westgate Road, over the road from the 02 Academy and then a bit further down towards Central Metro station I think.

And yeah I'd be up for this.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Has any date been fixed for the meet-up? I think someone said they couldn't do before 23 Nov. That leaves Fri 27, Sat 28, Fri 4 Dec, Sat 5 Dec et seq.. I'd be happy with any of those except Sat 28 (North East Labour History Society Conference). Bodega, say 7.30ish... any preferences?

Chris, a pint or two of water before bed is a great help with hangover avoidance (rather than cure), but it's rather too easy to forget :-(

·
The Legend
13,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Has any date been fixed for the meet-up? I think someone said they couldn't do before 23 Nov. That leaves Fri 27, Sat 28, Fri 4 Dec, Sat 5 Dec et seq.. I'd be happy with any of those except Sat 28 (North East Labour History Society Conference). Bodega, say 7.30ish... any preferences?

Chris, a pint or two of water before bed is a great help with hangover avoidance (rather than cure), but it's rather too easy to forget :-(
Thanks.

Anyway, I said I couldn't do between next Saturday, and the 23rd-24th, as I'm on holiday (it also means I can't watch Dr Who, and miss the chance to pre-record it by a couple of hours:eek:hno:) . I would probs be able to go to one during this week, but I'm sure thats a little short notice. But don't let my holiday stop you guys having a meet up.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Agreed with tcollins and WilfBurnsFan about the Forth and Tilleys, they're both great. If you like those you'll probably like the Telegraph too behind Central Station (through the tunnel) and the Centurion at Central Station is nice too.

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
i think we're waiting for chris to get back from his mexican adventure. The Bodega sounds like a good place to meet.

who else is up for this? Historian, Ahmed, Greg, Hollow?

·
Super Moderator
22,802 Posts
i think we're waiting for chris to get back from his mexican adventure. The Bodega sounds like a good place to meet.

who else is up for this? Historian, Ahmed, Greg, Hollow?
It would be good to meet up . . and the Bodega seems a good idea.

When he gets back from 'Mekico', our Social Secretary will get it sorted, I'm sure!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'd be up for a meet up too. I probably should blog more but busy at work during day. I am an avid reader of ssc though and would be interesting to put faces to names. Brodega is just around the corner from me too.

1 - 20 of 370 Posts