Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 405 Posts

·
©
9,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought we may as well kick off a new thread in the lead up to the new Hyundai A-League season. Looking forward to it so much! Lots of new players to check out.

P.S. Here's a pic of Brisbane's new Umbro shirt from the Courier Mail today:

Pic taken from Twitter.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Looks good, love Umbro. Sydney are currently in negotiations for our kit maker next year and Umbro is one of them apparently, long with Adidas again, Nike, Puma and Macron. Please either Adidas or Umbro.

Planning on getting to many games this season Wezza? Also are you heading to the Townsville preseason competition?

·
©
9,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kit looks mint, love it! :D

Poguemahone, I'm hoping to catch a few games in Brisbane this year. Might fly down for the game v Melbourne City in November I think it is. Planning on going to the games on the weekend at the Townsville Football Cup too. You coming up for it?

·
it's just a ride
286 Posts
I like the shirt. I kinda wish they kept the black shorts though. Orange and black looked good IMO.

The new crest looks pretty good on the kit. Apparently it'll be a proper stitch as well, not just pressed on like the old crests.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Was really crazy. **** the Wanderers players made meals of the reds though. The first was was definitely a red because he struck out with his arm, although it wouldn't of hurt as much as his rolling around made it look, but that second one was a bit of a joke, did he even touch him? That was embarrassing by Lippi though, he'll get a ban and fine for sure. Managers can't run onto the field to confront a ref. They really lost the plot hey

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
What happened to the Socceroos thread? It seems to have vanished. Anyway here is the squad for the Belgium and Saudi friendlies. A few surprises, including Brad Smith (on load to Swindon from Liverpool, has played youth internationals for England).

SOCCEROOS SQUAD

Goalkeepers: Mat Ryan (Club Brugge, Belgium), Mitchell Langerak (Borussia Dortmund, Germany)

Defenders: Jason Davidson (West Bromwich Albion, England), Chris Herd (Aston Villa, England), Trent Sainsbury (PEC Zwolle, Holland), Brad Smith (Swindon Town, England League 1), Alex Wilkinson (Jeonbuk Hyundai, Korea Republic), Bailey Wright (Preston North End, England League 1)

Midfielders: Josh Brilliante (Fiorentina, Italy), Mile Jedinak (Crystal Palace, England), Robbie Kruse (Bayer Leverkusen, Germany), Massimo Luongo (Swindon Town, England League 1), Mark Milligan (Melbourne Victory), Tommy Oar (FC Utrecht, Holland), Carl Valeri (Melbourne Victory)

Strikers: Tim Cahill (New York Red Bulls), Ben Halloran (Fortuna Dusseldorf, Germany), Tomi Juric (Western Sydney), Matthew Leckie (FC Ingolstadt, Germany)

·
27,273 Posts
Was really crazy. **** the Wanderers players made meals of the reds though. The first was was definitely a red because he struck out with his arm, although it wouldn't of hurt as much as his rolling around made it look, but that second one was a bit of a joke, did he even touch him? That was embarrassing by Lippi though, he'll get a ban and fine for sure. Managers can't run onto the field to confront a ref. They really lost the plot hey
I just watched the youtube replay of it and the second red was actually very legit. The second guy came in while Saba was on the ground and put his boot in his face. Very red worthy.

·
©
9,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Kurtishi in the squad for the Townsville Football Cup. :banana:

Brisbane Roar squad: 1. Michael THEO (gk), 2. Matthew SMITH (c), 3. Shane STEFANUTTO, 5. Corey BROWN, 6. George LAMBADARIDIS, 7. Mensur KURTISHI, 8. Steven LUSTICA, 10. HENRIQUE, 11. Liam MILLER, 12. Jean Carlos SOLORZANO, 13. Jade NORTH, 14. Daniel BOWLES, 15. James DONACHIE, 16. Devante CLUT, 17. Matt McKAY, 18. Luke BRATTAN, 19. Jack HINGERT, 20. Kofi DANNING, 21. Jamie YOUNG (gk), 22. Thomas BROICH, 23. Dimitri PETRATOS, 26. Lachlan JACKSON, 28. Brandon BORRELLO, 29. Shannon BRADY, 35. Jai INGHAM.

I'll head over on Sunday for a looksee. :)

1 - 20 of 405 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.