Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Go Krauthammer!
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The missus and I went up to NYC for the memorial day long weekend. Its spring at present and the city looks pretty good. We took
the 'Chinatown' bus from Chinatown in DC to Penn station in NYC. Only US $35 return!

The interior of a 'C' line subway train with a passenger who missed his stop.

A walk over the Brooklyn Bridge.

The Woolworth Building, completed in 1913 (241 meters).

Ground Zero. The site of the WTC is now the construction site for the Freedom Tower (341 meters). Expected completion is 2010.

Wall Street

Grand Central Station

The Rockefeller Centre. This is a massive complex that was constructed in the middle of the city during the 1930's depression.

The view from the Rockefeller Centre Observation Deck

The art deco entrance to the Rockefeller Centre

Times Square

·
me!
582 Posts
you really have captured the vibe of this amazing city in your photos. Thumbs up!!

·
Its a sleepy little town
3,883 Posts
god there are some awesome old buildings there...

They should uncover the building on wall st... really are the flags that nessacary!?!?!?

·
Mainland Sea & Sky
6,242 Posts
Amazing pics indeed , one of the best threads on Big Apple , the metropolis's colour is reflected by your shots , more please and aerials pics will be most welcome , and thanks for sharing !

·
Perthite
8,042 Posts
amazing pics. New york looks superb and the architecture is stunning. It is really the only place in the USA i want to see :p I don't like the skyline though, but its great from street level.

·
Registered
8,590 Posts
Platypus, best series of pics I've seen of NYC for a long time (no b.s.)!!

Great subject matter in shots :eek:kay:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Great pictures. Love those pictures from the top of the 'Rock'. Missed out on getting up there when I was there 12 months I ago which I am now regretting.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts