SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was just watching a video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63hTOaRu7h4&feature=player_embedded) and there was an interesting question: "If Israel tomorrow were to put down its arms and to say 'We will fight no more.' What would happen?" (And let's assume that Israel, at this point, would have completely withdrawn from the West Bank and some settlement on East Jerusalem had been reached) What would happen?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Probably nothing bad would happen. Lebanon as a country has never attacked Israel, and Syria only cares about the Golan. Egypt could invade Israel if it wanted to, but America's clout and influence over Egypt would probably prevent this. Arab countries would no longer have any viable reason to oppose Israel, but they'd still have to deal with their own domestic issues bc terrorism and violence in the ME goes beyond the Palestine issue.
If anything Israel and the Arab countries would benefit with increased trade, tourism, etc. It's a nice idea, but who knows when that'll happen

·
I love Abu Dhabi.
6,193 Posts
muslims would invade from all directions and u would be back to poland eating gelfite fish in a crappy apartment....that if u survive....:cheers:
Its your type and Russels type that will kill people like חבר1.0 eventually.

Mark my words !

and back to your question. Palestine will go through hell domestically but finally stand up on its own feet and start from scratch.

They are just as modern, sophisticated , educated and open minded as any middle easterner but lack infrustructure and cash. Both things can be provided by saudi arabia , UAE , Qatar ...etc.

I mean look at lebanon , israel bombing one part of it and a few streets down a lebanese women in her designer jacket is sipping over priced coffee and bitching about how the snow hasnt set yet in the mountains.

They are a strong bunch and they have been through hell and back , they will do just fine.

It is in Israels best interest if it takes such a step.

·
arctic tern
3,255 Posts

Mark my words !

and back to your question. Palestine will go through hell domestically but finally stand up on its own feet and start from scratch.

They are just as modern, sophisticated , educated and open minded as any middle easterner but lack infrustructure and cash. Both things can be provided by saudi arabia , UAE , Qatar ...etc.

I mean look at lebanon , israel bombing one part of it and a few streets down a lebanese women in her designer jacket is sipping over priced coffee and bitching about how the snow hasnt set yet in the mountains.

They are a strong bunch and they have been through hell and back , they will do just fine.

And how many Palestinians actually recognize Israel's right to exist?

·
I love Abu Dhabi.
6,193 Posts
more than 5 ? :shrug:

However its irrelevant and a sorry ass lame Excuse for not giving millions of people land they can call home.

Shame on you.

·
Banned
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Mark my words !

That's nonsense. Sorry, but no Arab country has been able to stand up on its own two feet (IMHO) without the benefit of oil/natural gas. I don't see why Palestine will be any different.
I agree with you about the educated part and to a lesser degree about the modern/sophisticated/open minded part. In Israel- you can see that there exists a dichotomy between Israeli Arab communities where people are modern, highly educated, fairly wealthy (relatively speaking) and those where people tend to be more conservative, traditional, less educated, etc. Regardless of what people say or think, Palestinians won't ever have national unity. How do I know? Because the cultural, political, and religious differences between different families/communities are too vast and are quite significant. In Israel, among Jewish Israelis, we also have some major differences, but a vast majority of people are Israeli above all else. I don't think this would be the case with the Palestinians.
Lebanon hasn't had much stability or calm in the last 40 years. Even when Israel and Hizbullah aren't fighting with each other, the Lebanese are fighting among themselves--- 14 March vs 8 March, Aounist Christians vs Lebanese Forces Christians, etc. I mean, even within villages and families, you have very significant divisions.

With all due respect, do you think we are thaaat naive? We pulled out of South Lebanon in 2000, what happened? We got years of rocket attacks, followed by Hizbullah coming into Israel and kidnapping several soldiers. We pulled out of Gaza, what happened? We got thousands of rockets falling on our towns and cities near Gaza. Neither Palestinian faction- Hamas or Fatah- has renounced violence and recognized Israel's right to exist. Say what you will of Israel, but who in their right mind (given the events of recent history) would take such a risk by disarming?

·
Caribe
3,871 Posts

Mark my words !
me kill? nahhh i wont kill no polski ashkenazi....i'm too busy surfing and enjoying life....u know camel rider we're happy on this side of the world, hope ur country could have one day half of happiness and freedom we have in here...and i'm saying this with chavez in power, imagine the day we'll be without him, super happy land..! :)

·
Banned
1,336 Posts

Mark my words !

and zillions more

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
more than 5 ? :shrug:

However its irrelevant and a sorry ass lame Excuse for not giving millions of people land they can call home.

Shame on you.
It is NOT their home. They claim it but it is not their home.
That is the essence. The Arabs own 99.9% of the ME. There must also be a place for the Jews which were brutally kicked out from most Arab lands.

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
The OP question is relevant and clear.

If the Arabs lay down their arms there will be no more war and terrorism, but if Israel lays down its weapons there would be no more Israel.

One can also ask another hypothetical question. What would have happened had 350M Jews on 99.9% of the ME landmass surrounded 5.3M Arabs on 0.1% of the ME landmas. The liberal, hedonistic, egalitarian Jews would have put all 5.3M Arabs on a pedestal bestowing on them protection, special rights and privileges.

Israel is tiny but to have peace with Jordan it has to provide it with water. In fact, it is giving more water to the Hashemite Kingdom than it is supposed to give per signed agreement. While Hamas is firing at Israel the Jewish state continues to supply the Hamastani entity with food, goods, power, gas, water, medicine, etc. What country in the world would supply a terrorist entity, an enemy with products that bring the standard of living in Gaza to a level higher than in Egypt?

·
22,349 Posts
חבר1.0;67237849 said:
So I was just watching a video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63hTOaRu7h4&feature=player_embedded) and there was an interesting question: "If Israel tomorrow were to put down its arms and to say 'We will fight no more.' What would happen?" (And let's assume that Israel, at this point, would have completely withdrawn from the West Bank and some settlement on East Jerusalem had been reached) What would happen?
mass orgy? :dunno:

·
22,349 Posts
If the Arabs lay down their arms there will be no more war and terrorism, but if Israel lays down its weapons there would be no more Israel.
If the Arabs (Palestinians) lay down their arms, would Israel fully pull out of the Westbank, including East Jerusalem, and pull out of all settlements in the West Bank? ;)

·
22,349 Posts
^^

Both sides can never trust eachother, thus why there will never be peace.

Sad but true.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts