Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
18,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I travelled down to M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore for the NCAA Lacrosse Final Four on Memorial Day weekend. The University of Delaware, my alma mater, advanced to the Lacrosse Final Four for the first time in history, in just the 4th appearance ever in the NCAA Lacrosse Tournament.

Delaware's season started with a win against St. Joseph's. After starting 5-0, Delaware subsequently went 1-5 in their next 6 games. Delaware won their last 3 regular season game to earn the #3-seed in the Colonial Athletic Association conference tournament. Delaware beat No. 2-seed Drexel in the semi-final game, and then beat No. 1-seed Towson at Towson to win the CAA conference title and earn an automatic bid into the NCAA Tournament. Delaware pulled off the upset of the tournament in the first round, beating No. 2-seed Virginia at Virginia, by a score of 14-8. Delaware then faced UMBC in Annapolis, with a Final Four spot on the line. UMBC had pulled off an upset of their own, beat No. 7-seed Maryland. It was guaranteed, then, that at unseeded team (only the top 8 teams get seeds) would go to the Final Four, a rare occurance. Delaware went on to beat UMBC, 10-6 giving Delaware one of it's biggest athletic wins in school history, and putting UD in the national spotlight with the opportunity to play in possibly the biggest game in any sport in Delaware's history.

Sce I don't know much about lacrosse (this was the firstI watched a game in person), I don't know too much of what was going on. Therefore, there is not much commentary.

First quarter action.

Second quarter action.

Curtis Dickson scores!

Third quarter action.

J.J. Moran scores!

Fourth quarter action.

Delaware scores.

The game is over, Delaware loses 8-3.

UD players converge after the game ends.

Delaware fans filled up several sections, from midfield to the corner of the grass. YoUDee walks around in frustration on the field.

Delaware coach Bob Shillinglaw gives a talk to his players.

Team talks after the game.

Shaking hands with Johns Hopkins players.

The biggest group of Delaware fans stuck around after the game.

Players begin to walk off of the field.

A standing ovation from the Delaware crowd for a wonderful playoff run.

The Delaware players leave the field, done for the season.

As a bonus, here are a few pictures from the Duke/Cornell game. Duke won in a thriller.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts